SmartThings Community

Echo (Alexa) beeps now instead of "Okay"

(Kevin) #14

Yesterday the DIM command had the OK response… guess they missed one :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(John) #15

I noticed the same thing here, two days ago. Here’s an interesting tidbit, though:

I have 7 Hue bulbs, spanning across 3 lights. I have 1 GE Z-Wave switch for a light fixture fixture. I then have a Virtual Momentary Switch created in ST to do a batch lighting scene.

If I tell Alexa to turn on/off any of the Hue lights or GE switch, I get the ding. If I tell it to turn ON the virtual switch, I get a ding…BUT, if I tell it to turn OFF the virtual switch (which is momentary, so there really is no off), it says ‘OK’.

Interesting! But I do hope they add the option to change it. I much rather her say ‘OK’. Seems way cooler when people are at the house and realize she talks back!

1 Like

(I got a hair cut from Alexa) #16

The Fire TV in my car just got the “ding” update, and it will set my thermostat now too! Yippee! Still won’t read kindle books like the echo though.

0 Likes

(Frank Engelman) #17

How do I add a virtual momentary switch?

0 Likes

I liked when she said “OK”. Makes me feel good, like someone is listening to me.

I also ask her this a lot “Alexa, who is the man?”; especially in front of my wife.

1 Like

You can create your own:

Or you can use Alexa helper

0 Likes

(Barton.) #20

I don’t think the change is going over that well from what I’ve read. I’d rather hear OK because the tone is too quiet.

2 Likes

(HousePanel Author) #21

I thought I was going crazy. Mine changed too. Seems to me they should offer an optional of how to respond.

0 Likes

(Glenn) #22

Got my DOT coming march 31st. Having never used an echo, i think i would prefer to hear the voice of “OK” or something like that. Maybe they will allow us to change it in the future.

0 Likes

Lucky you. Mine doesn’t arrive until May! :frowning:

0 Likes

(Glenn) #24

I ordered it shortly after it was announced :wink: I’m pretty excited

1 Like

(Ernie) #25

My Echo is back to saying “Ok.”

1 Like

Yep, it’s back. Much discussion on Reddit and in the Amazon forums. I’m surprised they didn’t make it an option under"sounds" (where you can select your alarm sounds in the Alexa app), but maybe soon.

0 Likes

(Greg) #27

Mine says ok for some things and beeps for other things. I’ve been trying to find a pattern, but I haven’t noticed one yet.

0 Likes

(Mike Maxwell) #28

Yea, this is bizarre, calling the same command at two different times will produce the two different confirmations. I would be fine if it just did one or the other, but the mix is annoying.

0 Likes

Mine says “okay” again, too! Hurrah!

0 Likes

(Doug S) #30

My Echo is saying OK again. The OK is annoying. I prefer the chime.

0 Likes

(Larry) #31

Yep back to OK…I guess enough people complained

0 Likes

(Chris ) #32

Mine is still saying ok

0 Likes

(Jovan) #33

same here, back to “OK”. wish it was user-selectable

1 Like