Easiest way to get an alarm on my phone when sensor is tripped?

No. My point is, if the function is something available in smart things, the fact that it can be done in this app most likely means it will work in the security system as well. Will be trying it when I get home.

A function that is available in one smartapp is not necessarily available in another.

Try it out and let us know.

Also, Iā€™m still unsure that weā€™re understanding each other re: the difference between officially published smartapps that you can tap to install from the marketplace tab in the ST mobile app, and community developed code that you must add by logging into the Integrated Development Environment from a web browser. Here is an FAQ post about custom code.

Of course this is the case. But the fact that the smart app can do it means its at least doable within ST and thus should be tested. Of course I know the difference between custom code and code built by Samsung. Thanks. Ill report back this evening on if this works or not.

Still not really following your logic.

If you were to install a sophisticated rules engine like WebCoRE, thereā€™s practically no limit to whatā€™s ā€œdoable within ST.ā€ But Smart Home Monitor still couldnā€™t do 99.9% of what CoRE can do.

I agree with you thereā€™s certainly no harm in testing it out though. I would be as pleased to learn that SMS alerts can be sent to multiple #s from SHM as you would be.

Sorry man. Today kicked my ass. Iā€™ll follow up tomorrow.

Well that was a big fat no. Thatā€™s really short sighted of Samsung. Who can we tag from ST staff to inquire about getting this added.

Bummer. Wish I could say I was surprised.

Itā€™s hard to say how they prioritize what features to add (or not). They had no native iPad app until like a month ago. Itā€™s still not possible to change the default push notification sound.

Itā€™s hard to imagine they donā€™t know that this is a very basic feature that plenty of people want. Itā€™s just not important enough to them.

Well we know itā€™s possible through the system. Shouldnā€™t be hard to implement.

I know this is old. In smart apps just add a new notify me when with the second number. For example, add smart app ā€œnotify me whenā€. When siren triggers text ā€œhusbandā€. Go back to smart apps and add smart app ā€œnotify me whenā€. When siren triggers text ā€œwifeā€. Hope this helps even though im 2 years late.