DTH for Chromecast / Google Home

I think you don’t have to change the port in code - just set an environment variable called PORT to the desired value, and the code should pick that up:

let server = app.listen(process.env.PORT || 8080, function () {

Hi,

I get the following when running node app.js.

I have smartthings-cast and castV2-Client installed.

module.js:339
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module 'debug’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:337:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:287:25)
at Module.require (module.js:366:17)
at require (module.js:385:17)
at Object. (/home/pi/ST_Cast/smartthings-cast/app.js:35:13)

I’m really a noob when it comes to Pi and all stuff related. But i do have one and i have set that up for HomeBridge. Can i use the same Pi and set this up? If so, any pointers would be great.

I have created a free Horuku app and downloaded the git files from https://github.com/germasch/smartthings-cast

Managed to add devices via the smart app. However, neither the test or any other TTS seems to be working. Here is some logs from Heroku -

2017-08-23T09:39:06.211569+00:00 heroku[router]: at=info method=POST path="//volume" host=my-super-duper-test.herokuapp.com request_id=9679db53-7799-4be7-a306-6233cb5a002a fwd=“52.213.26.200” dyno=web.1 connect=0ms service=4ms status=404 bytes=391 protocol=https
2017-08-23T09:39:10.371399+00:00 heroku[router]: at=info method=POST path="//playMedia" host=my-super-duper-test.herokuapp.com request_id=d248e3b9-1a20-4882-93f7-2d5d0d89db56 fwd=“52.213.77.134” dyno=web.1 connect=0ms service=7ms status=404 bytes=394 protocol=https
2017-08-23T09:39:20.059291+00:00 heroku[router]: at=info method=POST path="//playMedia" host=my-super-duper-test.herokuapp.com request_id=7880b93d-f1fe-443f-9c68-22f6f124b8d4 fwd=“52.213.26.200” dyno=web.1 connect=1ms service=12ms status=404 bytes=394 protocol=https

Here is the snapshot of my router and despite trying to do the port forwarding nothing seems to work. And as you can see from the snapshot, i’m not able to enter the same port number (8009) as the external port. Ami doing this right?

Can anybody help?

I just got my google home and one of my chromecast audio to work by installing this docker image in my Synology. Alas, for some reason I cannot detect all my chromecast audio. In particular, I cannot detect my Vizio soundbar that is google cast enabled. Any ideas?

What about chromecast video? Will that be enabled some day?

So I have the smartapp/DTH installed and configured to the ghome via local device, on port 8009. WebCore as the proper rules and seems to running smoothly. Yet nothing plays out of my home. I’m really just shooting for TTS. Any pointers to start checking to see what is the issue?

Install of node.js app on pi zero w

npm install app
    npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/package.json'
    npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
    npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/home/pi/package.json'
    npm WARN pi No description
    npm WARN pi No repository field.
    npm WARN pi No README data
    npm WARN pi No license field.
    + app@0.1.0
    added 52 packages in 78.657s

I’ve installed the OP’s DTH and smartapp. My cast devices showed up, I specified the one I needed and have tried both port 8009 and 8080 which both have forwarding rules out of my network.

I think my issue is I wasnt aware I’m supposed to have castv2 installed. How do I go about installing the necessary parts for my cloud?

You should be able to install it by using this command -

npm install castv2-client

Hope that help :slight_smile:

I’m unable to discover Google Home devices. I have 2 chromecast and 2 google home. I am able to discover and add the chromecast but not the Google Home. Anybody with any ideas?

Hi people,
i’m a java/node.js super-dummy.
After 10 hours of nightmare i ask help.

• I’ve Synology DS216j DSM 6.1.3
  • Node.js 4.8.4 installed
  • (there is no Docker compatibility)
  • example routine like test.js / “hello world” works (actually works good with “$ node test.js” but i’m not able to activate automatic startup creating “hello.conf in folder /etc/init”
  • copied “smartthings-cast-master” in a folder
  • i get error in attached jps. End of story for my ability. Destroyed. :frowning:
    Any help will be appreciated

Immagine

@destructure00

in your opinion, do you think it would work in another language than English?

Also, is the voice the GH voice or another generic voice?

Thanks,

Same issue here. Did you end up finding a solution?

Unfortunately not. Stopped using the DTH and have been using something different. Below is the link to the thread -

Anyone have success removing this smartapp? It’s missing the “remove” button and I can’t force delete it from the IDE.

1 Like