Driver needed for Wiser (Schneider) temperature/humidity sensor

Hi,

I am cuurently trying Schneiders Wiser zigbee devices.
Wiser is becoming standard in home automation installed by professionals and I really want to use these devices with SmartThings.

Wiser smartplug works flawlessly.
Temp / humidity sensor does not.

Any chance to have a edge driver for this?

Hi @superubbe,

Do you still use Schneider wiser devices with SmartThings? I am trying to figure out whether the wiser Zigbee devices(Built in dimmers, built in relay, 2-way socket etc) work with Aeotec smart hub.

Thanks

Hi,

Could you install Zigbee Thing Mc driver.
Using Zigbee Thing Mc driver is possible to read exact model and manufacturer.
Then it is possible to check which driver is supporting your device.

manufacturer:
model:
Server Cluster:
Client Cluster:

Publish the history information of the devices.

You can install Zigbee Thing Mc driver from Mariano’s Edge drivers Shared Channel
https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=6b68563b-1905-4654-8d2b-e677a2997424

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

The thing is that I don’t have the devices yet(I am soon moving to a new house where there are a few Schneider Wiser devices installed).

Am I correct assuming that I first need to install the driver and connect the actual device to SmartThings to be able to find the information needed? Or is there a way to find this before I have access to the actual devices?

Thanks again

Wiser devices are intended for use with Wiser’s hub.
The use of Wiser devices has not been much discussed by the ST community.

Wiser devices are designed by Tuya and are not necessarily designed using standard Zigbee implementations. Tuya often also uses its own manufacturer-specific implementations.

We need to know the implementation of the devices before we can know if you can connect them to the SmartThings hub.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo has many kinds of drivers if devices are designed using standard Zigbee implementations.

Probably a dumb question, but what do you mean when you say that you need to know the implementation of the device? Is it the manufacturer, model, Server Cluster and Client Cluster you are referring to?
If so, how do I find the Server Cluster and Client Cluster?

Thanks again for your help, I am new to SmartThings and IoT in general.

Yes

Using this driver

Noted, I will circle back when I have access to the actual devices.

Is your best guess that wiser wont work with the Aeotec hub or what do you think?

Thanks

SmartThings compatibility is not officially supported by Wiser as far as I know.
Many devices can still be used with SmartThings once the community developers have adapted them to SmartThings.

Noted, thanks again!

Hi

I had soo much trouble with SmartThings and Zigbee devices loosing connections and so on so I switched over to Homey Pro instead. Homey and Wizer products works flawlessly together :+1:.

Hi,

Thank you for your input. I have just start using SmartThings and the Aeotec hub and so far I haven’t experienced any major problems with the connection(I just have a few smart plugs and sensors though).

Did you find out whether there was any edge driver available for wiser devices?
May I also ask if you know which wiser devices(if any) worked natively with SmartThings?

Thanks again!

Yes I used the Wiser smartplug with sucess. Temp sensor and relays didnt work. I gave up that track for a long time and after almost 2 years i recently switched to Homey since I had so much missing drivers and unstable operations in SmartThings.
Some devices gone offline after some month and I really need the setup to be 100% stable. Even my old 433Mhz Tellstick worked more stable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In SmartThings I used Sonoff temp sensors and Frient temp sensors but they need to be added again to the network like every 3-6 month or so. I seen many user with the same experience and that is not good enough for me. My Frient smokealarm goes on / offline now and then without reason. I am just tired of buggy products.Sorry SmartThings.

I hope you have better luck with your installation.

// Urban

This doesn’t sound very promising😝
I understand the frustration when devices disconnects all the time, I guess I just have to try and see how it plays out.

Maybe it’s not appropriate to discuss in this forum, but would you say that switching to Homey pro is worth it, consider the significant price difference? (I am not planning to go all in on the smart home-thing, just want to use a few smart plugs, relays, dimmers, and sensors)

Thanks again for your input, it is much appreciated!

Well I dont really what to say…
I wanted to test Zigbee, with plugs and sensors to upgrade my 433 MHz system.
I bought 2 Aeotec hubs, one for me and one for a friend. Today they are not in use…
The fact that you was the first responder to my question / request for a driver to Wizer talks for itself…

In Homey every brand has its own app as a plugin in Homey to make sure compability. Checkout Homey apps and see for your self how many apps / brands that is reprsented.

The good thing - if you later want to switch hub, it´s possible. I think all of the devices compatible with SmartThings will be compatible with Homey.

Thanks again Urban for all your input. I Will just have to try it out and we’ll see where I end up.

Cheers!

/D