Does anyone know if this Sonoff device works? (SONOFF SNZB-02 Zigbee Temperature and Humidity Sensor)

You’ve missed line 101. It drops the checkInterval down to 720 when a temperature report config response is received.

The ping() actually reads the battery level so that explains why it can still stay online with such a low checkInterval. I must have confused it in my memory with another device handler. It is probably constantly going unhealthy and recovering (not that I’ve ever seen ‘unhealthy’ reported).

1 Like

Duh, so I did. Thanks!
This reads like a bug. The interval should be based on what the lowest report interval is actually set to for reports configured. It must still be based off the 5 minute interval the samsung sensor uses.

Oh absolutely. The Sonoff also uses a couple of configuration lines copied from the fallthrough device which look a bit device specific. No idea if they should be there at all but one has to defer to the author.

I am also baffled why it is being set to one to two hourly reports anyway. Five minutes seems plenty for a maximum. Again what did the author know that we don’t?

I noticed that as well. Whats the best way to report bugs like this? Submit an issue on github?

The 3600 second min seems out of wack as well. I know I tested these on the custom DTH previously and they used a 60 second min. Worked fine.

Well that didn’t work. It’s offline again. Should I change to a different DTH?

I am trying to add a SNZB-02 and it keeps adding as a generic switch edge, what can I do to add it as it should?
Edit: had to delete the edge driver it was attached and after that it was detected as a ewelink temperature and humidity.

Yes it works. I have mine set to the SmartSense Temp/Humidity DH, which is standard in ST. Just change it in the device settings in the IDE. The problem I have it shows 0 battery.

I am using the same DTH. My battery wasn’t initially reporting so I repaired without deleting and the battery started reporting.

I’m using the DH by @mvevitsis using the other one caused dropouts and didn’t record changes in humidity iirc. This one you can also set reporting intervals and minimum changes required which saves battery.

Hi All,
First post on here and watching this thread with interest, initially the sensors kept appearing dropping out, and if i was lucky i might get the temp updated every 2 hours, now there might be some silly questions from me so i will apologise up front, i have tried using the different manufacturer multi sensors, and this has has helped the sensor stay online.

but i still havent been able to get the times down to 15 mins of updated data.
is there a guide to get access to the developer handler anywhere ?

I found the stock dth, the one you can add by going to sonoff>multipurpose sensor, does not work at all.
It will join, but it won’t report after that and will eventually drop off.

I’m not sure who to tag about it being broken

@Brad_ST
@nayelyz

I was able to get it to work by switching the device type to “eZEX Temp & Humidity Sensor” by editing the device in the IDE.

That’s great but I want them to fix the official integration so I don’t have to rewrite my custom driver for edge.

There already is a driver for temp/humidity sensors so just adding fingerprint should make it work for Sonoff. :thinking:

I already wrote a driver for it, that’s not the point. I want them to fix the official integration so that it runs local and I don’t have to port my driver to edge.
It also isn’t quite that simple as they have issues with reporting.
In the official integration they added the fingerprint to the standard temperature driver but didn’t do anything else, that’s why it drops.

1 Like

Agreed. Official driver should be fixed but who knows when that will happen. Unfortunately.

@mvevitsis, I sent you a DM to collect some information, please review it.

My devices don’t drop using the standard driver (*). However as far as I can see that could only be because they successfully request a battery report in a ping() as the checkInterval has been left at 12 minutes despite the temperature reports being increased from five minutes to a useless one to two hours and humidity reporting being about an hour.

If you have a mishmash of IKEA Outlets doing routing, relying on battery reporting can be dodgy. Not all of them are terribly sympathetic to it.

(*) I have experienced the dropping but what I mean is that it isn’t a given.

It seems that temperature and humidity reporting are one hour, which makes the device mostly useless.

As for routing, they’re going through a SmartThings WiFi unit (not the main unit).

They go offline and then online and then offline again. Very inconsistent, but health check could be set to a longer interval and temperature and humidity a shorter one to fix everything.

@nayelyz

1 Like

Do you have a link to the dth?