Does anyone know how to connect a WOOX smart plug to the ST

It was £16 so id say it wasn’t cheap and seems to run off 2.4Ghz wifi

Which app are you using?

only recently downloaded so don’t think it’s the classic app - settings says …smartThings version 1.7.42-22

That FAQ is a community developed one, not an official SmartThings document. It may reference ST docs somewhere, but the best place to check compatibility would be to try and add the device in the new app since it’s a wifi device and it will be a cloud to cloud integration between WOOX and ST.

That being said, I do not see the WOOX brand listed as an option when adding a device, so the answer would be that it isn’t supported at this time.

That is the new one, Connect. Wanted to insure you weren’t trying with Classic.

1 Like

See the FAQ:

FAQ: WIFI Devices in ST? How can I integrate a WiFi or Bluetooth device that isn’t listed in the SmartThings app?

It’s not, but it has an Alexa integration, and it’s a plug, so the instructions in the community created FAQ for using Alexa as a “man in the middle“ should work as a partial integration. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

And I see no IFTTT support either, so as @JDRoberts said … Alexa is your only viable option.

1 Like

It appears that some people have it working with the Tuya app, in which case it might Work with one of its integrations. But other people said they could never make that happen, so honestly I don’t really know.

But the Alexa option would be worth trying. :sunglasses:

Could probably do a generic WiFi plug scan in the Smart Life app to add it, then use IFTTT that way.

That’s what I was thinking, but I don’t know for sure. I know in the past there have also been some weird things where either Third party devices using the SmartLife app had scenes that weren’t exposed to Ifttt or only scenes were exposed rather than the plugs as individual devices.

Well that’s just bass ackwards haha

1 Like