DLINK DCH-Z510 Siren

the strobe cannot be controlled seperately. and as for polling i have no idea as this was not documented for the device on what command could poll for, so i would be unable to add this.
the documentation for this phileo siren is extremely limited and the documentation that dlink and other rebadge labels like zipato have for the product is out of date.

the only way i was able to get this far was by harrasing the Phileo Support guy for the info.

Makes sense. Thanks for explaining. How does the D-link siren compare to
the Aeon one in your opinion? Iā€™m talking about the actual devices, not the
smartthings device handlers.

The as in one is a far more mature product and it is well documented. And is officially supported by ST so I would think itā€™s better. But I got this siren on a sale so I have stuck with it

Same for me, I found a bargain. But thatā€™s also what I like about the
smartthings community and this ecosystem of devices overall. I donā€™t always
want to stick to the official devices. Thanks for your help. Much
appreciated.

I am using the device handler by @Fuzzyligic and for me it is working fine during these months. I had many problems at the beginning pairing it (almost gave up) but once it is paired it works fine. I have it set it up so it chimes when the door opens so I know it is still paired and workingā€¦

Just picked up one of these and wanted to check what the best method is to add these to ST. Do I pair it first then install the device handler or the other way around?

device handler first and then pair the device.

@bbarham in fairness it matters not really.
either way works, but if you input the device handler first it should recognize the device correctly and correctly configure. doing the other way you need to change the device type and then ensure the configuration has been pushed to the device.

Thanks for that - I installed the device handler first then tried to pair. The pairing process didnā€™t appear to find the device however the logs show it had paired. So after few attempts at removing, resetting and pairing again I deleted the device handler and it successfully paired as Aeon Siren. I foolishly tested it and it worked.

So then installed the device handler and edited the device to change its type. Then the siren stopped working. I will try again tomorrow but wondered if there is anything obvious that I have missed? @baloo247 mentions about changing the device id but not sure what to change it to?

Ben, every time I added my z510 I noted that the deviceID was a hex value that incremented by one. So before I repaired the device I updated the device id within the ID. This is on hte device definition that reference the custom DTH. This means that when I paired the Z510 the next time it tried to consume the device definition with the new device ID. The Device IDs matched up and it paired.

OK, thanks. Ill give it a try at the weekend. BTW I found this siren for Ā£25 at Staples (in store, not online) if anyone is interested.

So finally got it working - in the end I found another thread about this siren where you mentioned creating a device in the IDE, increment the device ID and then pair it. Works perfectly.

awesome, enjoy.

Iā€™ve ordered one of these sirens and would like to add the code in my IDE but when i add fuzzysb in the settings and SmartThings I canā€™t find the Z510 code in the repository ?!!!

OK, so very new to Smartthings and home automation in general so bare with me if iā€™m being stupid.

Connected the dlink siren and added the device handler and I can see and activate the different sirens ok on my phone app, the problem I have is that ST recognises the siren as a switch rather than a siren so smart apps and IFTTT wonā€™t recognise the siren.

When I connected the device handler the siren stopped working and I did use the snippet of code fuzzyligic supplied further up. If this is a pairing issue Iā€™d appreciate it if someone could do an idiots step by step guide as the only way I have been able to do it is to enable z-wave in ide and do a full reset on the siren, this means adding the device handler after the siren has connected which is possibly where my issues are stemming from.

cheers

Iā€™m not having much luck with this DH and ended up using this on which works quite well, https://github.com/krlaframboise/SmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/krlaframboise/zipato-multisound-siren.src/zipato-multisound-siren.groovy. Unfortunately after multiple attempts of disconnecting the siren, restarting the hub etc, I only got as far as the DH screen in the ST app but none of the buttons seemed to trigger the alarm.

1 Like

Just tried using this and could not get it to work.

I was able to add the siren as it was detected by SmartThings: ā€˜Aeon Labs Siren (Gend 5)ā€™, but was then unable to change volume or sound.

Excluded, added again (but still as aeon llabs siren), edited it and changed to the custom device handler, and I got it showing the right UI in the app (shows all the different sound buttons), but clicking them produces no sound.

Logs just show:
22:00:21: debug Sending Insecure Command BasicGet()
22:00:21: debug Sending Insecure Command NotificationReport(event: 22, eventParameter: [], eventParametersLength: 0, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 6, reserved61: 0, sequence: false, v1AlarmLevel: 0, v1AlarmType: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0)
22:00:21: debug Sounding Siren With Door Chime

Anyone been able to get this device handler to work lately?

From that command log it has not got the security key when joined to ST. Please exclude and rejoin In very close proximity to the hub to ensure the security key is exchanged on the inclusion

dunno what has happened to the siren, seems to have gotten in a weird state.
Iā€™ve excluded it, tried factory reset and Iā€™m now not able to add it again (clicking the button 3 times after factory reset does not put it into pairing mode, no lights blinking).

logs

19:30:36: debug Parsed 'zw device: 0C, command: 9881, payload: 00 20 03 00 ' to [['name':'switch', 'value':'off', 'displayed':false, 'isStateChange':true, 'linkText':'Dlink DCH-Z510', 'descriptionText':Dlink DCH-Z510 switch is off], ['name':'alarm', 'value':'off', 'isStateChange':true, 'displayed':true, 'linkText':'Dlink DCH-Z510', 'descriptionText':Dlink DCH-Z510 alarm is off]]
19:30:36: debug Parse returned [['name':'switch', 'value':'off', 'displayed':false, 'isStateChange':true, 'linkText':'Dlink DCH-Z510', 'descriptionText':Dlink DCH-Z510 switch is off], ['name':'alarm', 'value':'off', 'isStateChange':true, 'displayed':true, 'linkText':'Dlink DCH-Z510', 'descriptionText':Dlink DCH-Z510 alarm is off]]
19:30:36: debug rx BasicReport(value: 0)
19:30:36: debug encapsulated: BasicReport(value: 0)
19:30:33: debug Parsed 'zw device: 0C, command: 5E02, payload: 01 05 00 0F 00 0F 00 ' to null
19:30:33: debug Couldn't zwave.parse 'zw device: 0C, command: 5E02, payload: 01 05 00 0F 00 0F 00 '
19:30:33: warn Exception 'java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method parse() on null object' encountered parsing 'cmd: 5E02, payload: 01 05 00 0F 00 0F 00'

Iā€™ve then removed the custom device handler and then repaired it when 2 cm from the ST bridge, and i am able to activate the alarm:

19:44:38: debug Parse returned ['displayed':false, 'descriptionText':Aeon Labs Siren (Gen 5): SensorBinaryReport(sensorType: 1, sensorValue: 0), 'isStateChange':false, 'linkText':'Aeon Labs Siren (Gen 5)']
19:44:38: debug parse(zw device: 0D, command: 3003, payload: 00 01 )
19:44:38: debug sending off
19:44:36: debug Parse returned ['displayed':false, 'descriptionText':Aeon Labs Siren (Gen 5): SensorBinaryReport(sensorType: 1, sensorValue: 255), 'isStateChange':false, 'linkText':'Aeon Labs Siren (Gen 5)']
19:44:36: debug parse(zw device: 0D, command: 3003, payload: FF 01 )
19:44:36: debug sending on
19:44:02: debug settings: [:], state: ['sound':1, 'volume':3]

Then re-added the custom device handler, set the device type to use handler and the UI for the siren changes. However none of the buttons work:

19:48:20: debug Sending Insecure Command BasicGet()
19:48:20: debug Sending Insecure Command NotificationReport(event: 1, eventParameter: [], eventParametersLength: 0, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 7, reserved61: 0, sequence: false, v1AlarmLevel: 0, v1AlarmType: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0)
19:48:20: debug Sounding Siren With Emergency
19:48:20: debug Sounding Siren
19:48:12: debug Sending Insecure Command BasicGet()
19:48:12: debug Sending Insecure Command NotificationReport(event: 22, eventParameter: [], eventParametersLength: 0, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 6, reserved61: 0, sequence: false, v1AlarmLevel: 0, v1AlarmType: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0)
19:48:12: debug Sounding Siren With Door Chime

Iā€™m experiencing exactly the same issue, returned to using the default Aeon Siren handler since the custom one doesnā€™t work

If you cannot remove the siren try creating a new device via the IDE and assign it the last network ID of the siren that you remember and then try to exclude it

Edit: Ive modified the default Aeon Siren handler and added the new sounds based on this handler (with an extra beep code sound ive made) and now it works perfectly

Link: https://pastebin.com/MA0m1yGW