I wanted to replace my outdoor Tuya-based dual-outlet (which could not be flashed with Tasmota) with a ZigBee version to take it off the cloud. Unfortunately,
- Multi-outlet exterior ZigBee devices do not yet exist apparently
- A single-outlet version is $45 at Home Depot
I decided to make my own triple-outlet version:
- Triple-outlet exterior cord ($19)
- 3-gang ZigBee relay controller ($16)
- 4-way IP68 junction box (Item #1005001417811676 on AliExpress) ($9)
- Cut the splitter
- Wire relay controller
Exactly what I needed for $44.
Something to keep in mind: Relays default to ON when power is restored after a power failure.