Disconnected Devices

all of a sudden half (8) of my smartthigs devices are showing disconnected. This seems to happen every few moths. any suggestions ??

need more details…

what would you like to know? it’s not one particular device its several differet kinds. cree lights, smartthings sensors, GE wall switches… it just happened all of a sudden

there could be a lot of things going on, did you change anything? add a new router? add a new anything, even if its not a network device, do they reconnect on their own, do they reconnect if you reboot them, do they have to be unpaired and repaired?

So far I’m having to unpair and then rejoin them… this is so flustering

just for our information what exactly are the 8 devices, and are they all in one area or are they spread out? Do some of the ones not causing trouble reside in between them? Are they a large distance from the hub? If so what are the closest devices that aren’t a problem.

Notify support so they can at least track it.
Are the devices z wave or zigbee?
Can you still control then when they show offline?
Are these devices still reporting to the hub when you manually actuate them?
Have you tried restarting your hub?

make and model is a good start. for example, GE make both z-wave and zigbee wall switches. knowing which one will help troubleshoot any z-wave or zigbee issues.

I can provide a more specific example. Two Smartthings brand water leak sensors. Both disconnected with no warning or alert, plenty of battery left. Basement flooded, plenty of damage, no alerts even though I was sat upstairs. Ridiculous. When I spent hundreds of dollars installing ST gear a few years ago this ‘disconnected’ thing never happened. I got them working again, now 10 hours later the same thing! Seems like I just have to give up and buy something more reliable.

1 Like