Disable Fade to On - Leviton VRPD3-1LW

(Blake M.) #1

I recently purchased a Leviton VRPD3-1LW Plug in Dimmer module and I am wondering if you can control the fade rate (or turn the fade off) on the module so it turns on instantly vs. fade to bright. I have a Leviton in-wall switch that you could control this feature but I don’t see any way to adjust it on the module like I could on the switch.

I flash the lights for confirmation of specific activities and would like to do the same with this light, but the fade to on/off doesn’t play nice with that. Anybody know if its possible to turn this function off?

(Keith) #2

Sorry Blake, I can’t answer your question. Instead, I have a question for you. If you set the dim level to say, 25%, when you turn it off and back on later, does it fade back on to the 25% you set, or does it fade all the way up to 100%?

(Blake M.) #3

Yes - I believe it fades back to the previous dim level - so if you last had it at 25% it will return there. A workaround is to send the command “set to 100%” if it is off it will turn on and fade to 100% (I have a button on the wall with a rule that sends the “set to 100%” command as my “on button”)

(Keith) #4

Thanks for the reply.