Difficulty getting a published DH working

I have the Aeotec Home Energy Meter Gen5 and using the DH from ClassicGOD. I copied and pasted the code exactly and published it to myself. When i go to My Locations in the IDE and select My Device Handlers, the ClassicGOD DH is there and says it is published, But when i get on the Classic app and go to Marketplace and select SmartApps then select My Apps there is nothing listed.
When I go to My Devices in the Classic app and select the Home Energy Meter, only the information from the stock DH is there. None of the graphs or anything else are there.

What am I missing?

A Device Handler would not show in MarketPlace : SmartApps : My apps. Only smart apps would show there.

Generally when you add a Device Handler, you go to Add a Thing on the Classic app. Or if you have added the device, you can change the device handler for that device in IDE.

1 Like

Once you have the DTH correctly installed for your device, then the system will use it automatically. At that point you can use the official features like routines or scenes or the smart lighting feature to manage the device. :sunglasses:

See the custom code FAQ for the DTH instructions. (The topic title is a clickable link). Make sure you follow the instructions for a device type handler, not a smartapp.

Thanks for the reply. I am going by this site https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/publishing/index.html
regarding how to publish for yourself.

“Open your SmartThing mobile app, navigate to Marketplace and choose SmartApps section. Tap on the My Apps category at the bottom and you will see your SmartApp.”

Is this misleading or am I reading it wrong?

This will publish your SmartApp or Device Handler for only your account. Open your SmartThing mobile app, navigate to Marketplace and choose SmartApps section. Tap on the My Apps category at the bottom and you will see your SmartApp.

It was not worded well. If you read the last part of the sentence → navigate to Marketplace and choose SmartApps section. Tap on the My Apps category at the bottom and you will see your SmartApp.

Also, do not use that link to IDE that was posted on that page. use https://account.smartthings.com

1 Like

A few folks have already said this, but you’re not looking for a SmartApp. You’ve created a custom DTH, and to use it, you must use the IDE to change the device to use your code. Please reference the link @JDRoberts posted above for using custom code, and you’ll see where to change the field titled “Type”. In that dropdown list will be your DTH you created and published.

1 Like

Thanks! I will do that this evening.

1 Like

It was listed as Aeon Home Energy Meter, not an Aeotec Home Energy Meter (Gen5). I’m not near my smartphone right now, but there are more options, so, in a perfect world, it should work now.

Loose nut behind the wheel. Thanks for all the help!

Originally Aeon Labs was the Company, Aeotec was the brand. Later they changed the company name to Aeotec. So you can find both devices and code associated with them under either name. :sunglasses: