Difficulty adding devices-GE/Jasco/Enbrighten Receptacle

I’ve purchased 25 Enbrighten in wall receptacles. Model Jasco 55256. These were purchased new from Amazon and installed by an electrician in my newly built home.

I am running a ST hub, v2, STH-ETH-250.

I am perplexed by two things:

First, only 1/3 of the receptacles connect when adding a device. I have gone to measures such as moving the hub directly next to the outlet with no luck.

Secondly, I can’t figure out how to try and factory reset the outlet. The Jasco manual describes pressing the button three times, then holding. I have tried every way I know how and simply can’t get a receptacle to reset.

I do have several other devices installed and working without incident.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Brian

Suggest putting your hub in exclusion mode and then turn the outlet off->on. That should clear any Z-Wave association the device might have from factory testing. Additionally, if your devices are Z-Wave Plus, they support S2 Z-Wave security and need to be properly paired by either using the QR code or by manually entering the DSK for the device.

3 Likes

The process is press 3 times quickly and then press again and hold for 5 seconds and then the led will blink 5 times to confirm.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, that did the trick! Much appreciated.