I have a technology tolerant SO that insists on using physical switches on a couple of lights in the house.
When the lamp is turned off from the power source, it registers as “on” in the ST system. This makes it difficult to sense when it is turned on again for mode changes and the like.
Does anyone know of a way to sense if the bulb is non-responding? I had a couple of ideas on this.
- When the lamp is turned on, automatically dim it to 99% and acknowledge the ON mode in software
- This would help for telling when the lamp becomes powered but does nothing for indicating it is not powered.
- Poll the lamp with a power toggle (99% to 98% or vice versa) and wait for a status change message
- Is this possible within the app? Or would it require a change in the driver?
- There appears to be some extra traffic in the logs when a bulb is non-responsive could this be exploited?