Desktop Forum UI bug: posts jump left & right as you scroll

Does anybody else have this issue? I’ve had this bug for a few weeks now.

Systems with the bug

• Windows 10 Pro x64 (19044.1415)
  • Microsoft Edge 96.0.1054.62 (logged in & InPrivate)
  • Mozilla Firefox 95.0.2 (logged in & Private Browsing)

Steps to reproduce:

1. On a desktop system, scroll up & down any topic. Example topic.

What happens:

1. The forum posts jump left and right, as they enter & exit the viewport (top and bottom of the screen). The avatar often jumps outside of the post.
1 Like

I see it too. Very annoying.

2 Likes

It also happens with Chrome for quite some time

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmations, @oldcomputerwiz and @Mariano_Colmenarejo. Good to know it’s not on our end.

Just a gentle tag, @Aaron, if you would be the right person to peek at the forum’s Discourse settings. It is a relatively new issue, in the past few months, I’d say at the longest.

1 Like

I got the feeling that someone specifically added this to the forum as a new “feature”. I find it just annoying.

This feature was added to the forum software we use. I have flagged or web dev team to take care of it.

4 Likes

It happens on Chrome on Android too. Annoying thing is that it doesn’t happen every time, though there is no immediately obvious pattern to it. The avatar jumping outside the box is particularly weird, and also annoying as it touches the box instead of leaving a margin.

3 Likes

This issue has been fixed.

6 Likes

Sorry to have to post in this topic guys but it is the only way I am able to post

Using a Samsung s10, the forum mobile version is displaying in such a way the main sections are un readable, I cannot see the usual forum layout at all, oddly I can see posts and reply in posts as normal

I have tried 3 browsers, checked all phone settings, this is the first time I have ever seen this layout issue which started as far as I can tell, today at some point

The community here is the only Web site I have issues with

6 Likes

Same issue iPhone 13 Pro Max. The issue has beginning today.

2 Likes

Any update on a fix ?

1 Like

I’ve started seeing a problem on a mobile sized screen. It looks like the category display has moved off screen to the right. If you rotate your phone into portrait mode it is still there.

2 Likes

Yeah its a pain, for me the site is mostly unuseable Graham, i use mobile access almost exclusively

1 Like

Let’s tag @Aaron and @jody.albritton, and hope for the best, because the current reorganisation of the forum design is unbearable on mobile devices.

4 Likes

I have set the forum to desktop view on my phone until it will be fixed.

1 Like

Desktop does not resolve well on my phone !
Nokia-N90

2 Likes

Seems about once a year someone has to break this thing. Irritating.

2 Likes

Any update from ST on a forum fix ? Its been 5 days now and it remains broken

1 Like

@jody.albritton looks like there’s some bugs with the version of Discourse the SmartThings community forum is currently using

3 Likes

It would be encouraging to hear from ‘someone’ … anyone ! That the issue is noted and being rectified

2 Likes