[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

Being that I had such a difficult time getting this one to work correctly (through much fault of my own), are there any special steps I need to be aware of when transitioning to your BETA version? Like deleting the “old” version of the app from my ST hub, resetting the lock, etc…etc…? I don’t want to clog up any threads with my over all “stupid-ness” again. :slight_smile:

Good question. The new app is a Child/Parent app, so you’ll have two apps to install on your IDE.

Parent: 'Lock Manager’
Child: ‘Lock User’

You have to click “Publish” on the Lock Manger app, but it’s recommended that you only click ‘Save’ not ‘Publish’ on the child app. It’s not a big deal if you DO publish it, as it will just show up as an app on your marketplace that you’ll need to just ignore.

It is highly recommended that you delete the existing app as you transition to the new app. There shouldn’t be any need to delete any individual user codes. I just took a screenshot of my users list when I moved mine over to the new one, and then I used that screenshot to re-program in the old codes using the new app.

Both apps use the same device type handlers, so no change there other than maybe updating them if you haven’t done that in a long time.

1 Like

Still not showing up. When I’m adding the device handler from code, what is the first line/character I highlight for the copy and pasting of the code? Maybe thats where it is going wrong.

[URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/chaostactics/media/z%20wave%20error.jpg.html][/URL]

That list is not alphabetical despite it looking like it… all your custom devices are at the end of the list.

@Micro, thanks for the feedback. The right pane of the screenshot is scrolled all the way to the bottom of the Type list

If it makes a difference its a Kwikset 914 with Z wave, i’ve attached screenshots of the app install process and device handler install process. It still doesn’t show up when I try to edit the lock.

[URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/chaostactics/media/z%20wave%20app%20install.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/chaostactics/media/z%20wave%20added%20device%20handler.jpg.html][/URL]

I dont know how i missed that… my bad.

ok im digging through my install… and everything does seem to match yours.

My device handler is 682 lines long… but im pretty sure if you were missing lines it would error on publishing.

I know there are 2 IDE servers… and some people have to use the secondary one but you would know if that were the case because your devices wouldn’t be listed.

1 Like

I followed the steps to install a couple days ago and thought I had done it successfully, but am having trouble with the app. I go to the Samsung SS app, then Marketplace, Smart Apps, My Apps, User Lock Manager. I select my lock and then proceed to set # of users and assign a pin code to each user. When finished I choose “done” and get the message “User Lock Manager is now installed an automating.” But then when I return to the app none of my changes have saved and my new pin codes don’t work on the lock. Maybe I am missing a step somewhere?

I think I found my mistake, never mind!

Thoughts from anyone else? I’d rather support an Indy app instead of having to buy a micasa to control my stupid door lock. I’m thinking in should have bought the micasa instead of the Samsung hub :confused:

Hey Jason,
You’re logging into the wrong IDE servers. Take a look at this screenshot where you’re looking at your device handlers

Notice the graph-na02-useaste1.api… in the URL?

Now look at where you’re publishing your Device Handler

What I like to do is when I log into the IDE, I go to My Locations -> Click on My Home and if i’m on the wrong IDE server it will redirect me to the right server that I should be on.

100% this is your issue. I’ve done this in the past.

just as an aside plase please please, new users stop using this app. (unless you need keypad support)

Use the new app instead.

EDIT: Keypad support on the new app very soon.

2 Likes

Nail that coffin shut! :slight_smile:

Hi, I tried the code on my Schalage Connect Touchscreen. The remote lock/unlock function, the user assignments and notifications are working perfectly. The only function that does not work is the disable user code function. Is this the same to your set-up? or did I miss something? thanks!

You may not be able to disable users on slot 1 or slot 2 on the schlage connect. Try using slots 3 and up for that. Program in master codes for 1 and 2 that don’t need to be disabled.

1 Like

Thanks ethayer, I will try it on my lock.

I can’t seem to get the “notify you on incorrect code” functioning. It just has a toggle and I typed in a wrong code and I get no notification. Am I doing something wrong?

I believe that only some locks send that information to the hub. My kwikset 910’s don’t but my schlage connect does.

EDIT: I think the kwikset does after a certain amount of attempts… 5?

I tried to type alot, after 3 attempt on my Kwikset 910, it locks the
keypad out for a few minutes and still no notification. thats ok though :slight_smile:
i was just hoping to get something like that.

I’m having issues of people randomly going to the door and pressing
buttons. don’t know if it’s someone pranking us or trying to get in.

TJ Calbert

phone: (801) 712-8502 http://www.iyruk.com/
email: calbert.tj@gmail.com http://www.iyruk.com/
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.

I’ll look into making that report a notification on the new app. I’m not sure if the lock generates a zwave event for this, but I’m guessing it does.