[Depricated] Lock Code Manager

Big thanks to the devs for putting this together. Quick question while trying to understand the functionality of this custom app:

I am not see anywhere to enter the programming code for a Schlage Camelot BE469 within the App. Is it correct that the app is able to bypass knowing what the lock’s programming code is and can program user codes without it?

Just wanted to confirm this to make sure I am understanding correctly.

Thanks,
AG

Eric bad news man. The latest version of the Android App 2.2 kills your smartapp. As of a bit ago can no longer modify user code settings now get “you are not authorized to perform the requested operation” and then a Remove button underneath. Deinstalled and reinstalled the app same thing. Old version running on my tablet still works fine…

1 Like

This is a bug with the Android 2.2.2 release. Not the SmartApp. This bug affects appears to affect all SmartApps with children, even the SmartThings smart lighting SmartApp.

Yep I know…was quite obvious when previous versions of the App (not smartapp) work just fine. Just wondering what else they managed to break…in fact dreading it… anybody have the previous version of the app .apk handy?

Same as last 3 above me. App is broken on my Android Nexus 6P :confused:

Hey, I just updated the SmartThings app on android to the latest version and now I am not “authorized” . here is the log. any thoughts? thanks
f06e3273-d7f9-4197-9910-0cea7fd644fe 11:36:00 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static java.lang.Math.round() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222]
Possible solutions: round(float), round(double), find(), rint(double), find(groovy.lang.Closure), random() @ line 310

If you can roll back your app to 2.2.1 and then stop auto updates you will gain functionality again until they can fix this…I happened to have a tablet with the older .apk and just copied it over and reinstalled.

Yup. confirmed. I just did that a few minutes ago. Here is the link - http://apkfind.com/root/apk/2016/10/6/com.smartthings.android_207901.apk?id=com.smartthings.android&f=SmartThings%20Mobile_2.2.1_apk-dl.com.apk

What measures should a user take to ensure this app is secure? I don’t see any Oauth instructions. Thanks for the help.

This app does not use any third party services.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this app. It’s greatly appreciated. If you would consider it, having the notification function ability to be set to “away” “night” etc. as the resident app does would be awesome!

ethayer thank you very much. It works great on Schlage Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt w/ Built-In Alarm BE469.
The only thing I noticed is that I set to notify me when wrong user codes are used in the keypad but I don’t get any notifications when this happens. Do you know why? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Marcelo

@ethayer - Have a quick question or two. I purchased the Kwikset 916 back in June of this year (2016). I have to laugh that I searched this forum before purchasing the lock and have no idea how I missed your SmartApp… So my apologies if this has been asked before. I found the following thread which appears to be quite useful: Helpful Hints -- the Kwikset 916 Lock

My questions are:
The first step says to “Get the Updated Device Type”. If I’ve already paired my ST hub to my lock do I need to unpair my lock from the ST hub in order to “Get the Updated Device Type”?
OR
Can I simply install your lock manager if I’ve already paired it to the ST hub and NOT “Get the Updated Device Type”?

Finally will your app recognize the master code and/or user codes I programmed into the lock using it’s own programming functionality?

Your SmartApp sounds just like what I need. I just changed the batteries in the lock and to my dismay found I had to re-program in my user codes (master code remained intact). I’d like to not have to do that again or at least to have a means to do it that can be done from my ST app.

You will need to install the new device type handler (DTH) and the smart app. After installing the DTH you can go to the devices section and click edit to modify the handler from the default to the custom installed one. No need to exclude and rejoin the lock.

If the codes are forgotten (switching batteries), the codes are stored in the app but you may need to have the app force update to readd the codes. Also I do not think the master code is modifiable/readable but I’m not certain with kwikset locks.

Thanks for the response… I did some playing and installed the SmartApp while I was waiting for a response. Though it “looks” like I could use the app without the DTH, I got the distinct impression, I would be sorry if I tried that… lol…

So good to know I can add the DTH without having to re-pair the lock… One last question. Just want to be clear. Once I add the DTH, amd install/configure the SmartApp, will the app poll the lock and get the user codes already programmed in (we only have 2)? Or do I have to clear the existing lock codes and reprogram them in via the app??

I believe the included DTH cannot retrieve codes. It will only know of codes that are added by the app. The smart app will program a user code slot (and overwrite that slot if one exists). All existing slots will continue to work, but are not programmable through the smart app unless you add those codes to the app itself.

The importance of the DTH (why it is needed) is that the functionality of programming codes is not available with the default handler. You would need to do that manually without it.

I think I got it… So once I add the DTH, install/configure the app I will add my code to Slot 1, and the app will overwrite whatever code that’s already in that slot (presumably the one I programmed in directly using the lock’s programming function)

Is this correct?

Finally once I do all of this, when I change the batteries in the future, with the app in place, it will have retain my user lock codes correct?

[quote=“DivaVocals, post:1276, topic:12280”]
Is this correct?
[/quote] Yes.

Yes. That is correct as well but you will likely need to exclude and rejoin your lock to re-establish the codes.

Okay… So, not sure what is the right link to get the DTH. The readme points here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ethayer/user-lock-manager/master/zwave-lock.groovy

I did a quick Google search and found this one: https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-lock.src/zwave-lock.groovy

What is the correct link??

Also what is this: zwave-lock-reporting.groovy is it something that is used with user-lock-manager.groovy?

Edited to add: Disregard the above musings… I compared zwave-lock-reporting.groovy to zwave-lock.groovy using Beyond Compare… I see the differences… (the readme was a little confusing… so apologies for the seemingly silly question)

I added the zwave-lock-reporting.groovy device handler, configured the Lock Code Manager SmartApp. Tested with both my existing user code, and I even added a new user code… (one I was too lazy to use the lock’s programming to add – just didn’t feel like opening the lock :grinning:)

All is A-Okay!!! :grinning: This ish ROCKS!!!

@jhamstead - Thanks for your help and patience

Sorry I am a little lost. Where exactly do I start? Where do I find the app?