[DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

I finally got back to playing with this. Never got a chance to make it work before vacation…

I can’t find anything on randomtoggle. Does it always turn a light back off when it’s done or it just “toggles” it back to the state it was in before?

I’m basically trying to turn one light +/- 30-40 minutes of sunset and back off +/- 30-40 minutes of 10:00pm. I’m sure it should be simple to do by modifying your piston but I can’t make it work. :confused:

@scoob8000 Random Toggle is a dumbed down version of Toggle - let me explain: it only works sometimes. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Which is pretty much saying that Random Toggle works erratically - only when it feels like it.

Jokes aside, Random Toggle toggles the light (it does not always turn it on or always turn it off, it toggles it). There’s a random decision to really execute it or not, but when elected to execute, the task will reverse the current switch state of the light.

1 Like

Gotcha. So in the example @anon36505037 provided of using it every xx minutes between sunset and 10:00pm it’s possible that the lights could be left on all night. The piston should end with a turn off for each device. Am I thinking about that correctly?

1 Like

Correct, that is a possibility

Sumya,

Here’s my Motion Sensor Tile Piston below. I disagree that it’s not useful, the motion sensors I use will show as active for a few minutes (configurable on DTH) so it does show relevant data. Thanks to bangali for the Presence Sensor, I took that piston and used parts of it for this piston: [DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

I’ll look to share the others later tonight if anyone is interested.

Something to note, the tiles do not show until the Motion Sensor is used (Motion) for first time after piston is created. You have to put the Motion Sensor names under the MotionSensorNames Variable on top and name as you like for each one like it’s formatted now. This is helpful if you have longer names so they fit the title of the Tile without resizing to fix (shrinking the text size).

This piston will create gauge tiles and piston state for a HEM.

The piston shows:

• Power
  • Energy
  • Current (calculated)
  • Cost (calculated)

You can set your cost per kWh in the variable. Cost is a simple calculation assuming a flat rate per kWh. I believe there’s another example in here that calculates based on time of day.

Make sure to put the piston in a category that shows tiles to get the gauges:

I prefer the medium-sized gauges but note with it set to medium you won’t get the piston state display.

7 Likes

Looking for a piston with Blue Iris integration with motion detection.

Yeah you will… wanna bet?! ;))

1 Like

Thanks @bfara83. I will give it a try.

@ahndee love your battery level piston, but how would I make this piston show what device has the lowest battery level? I’ve been using it for some time now and I like the low battery warning message but in the dashboard it says all battery levels are fine (lowest is 67%) is there a way to make it say for example" (lowest is 67% on the Back Door) " would really appreciate any advice on how to do that one.
Cheers. :grinning:

I love this. What HEM are you using?

I have the Aeon Labs earlier gen model …

https://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-AEDSB09104ZWUS-Aeotec-Monitor/dp/B00DIBSKFU

There is a later, more featured (and more expensive) model.

Many threads in the forum covering the model I use and the custom handler for it.

If you open the piston code, there is a variable at the top which lists the battery level for each device:

I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. Is there a way to modify it so the string that is read out on the dashboard can state which device is the one with the lowest battery level? Rather than having to open the piston and search through loads of devices to try and see which one is the one with the lowest battery level?

Just set the piston state the the value of that variable instead.

Robin has some tiles for doors and switches located here [DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons but I have a different versions here if anyone wants them.

Power Switch Status Tiles / Code: 2txvt

On: image Off: image

Door Status Tiles / Code: s0hd
Note, this is based on bangali’s Presence Sensor and will not display the tiles until the sensor is opened or closed for first time. You may just have to open/close all of your sensors if you want all of them to show right away. You have to modify the DoorNames Variable to the exact name you want the tile to show, very useful if you want to shorten the name to correctly fit the tiles without renaming your devices.

Window Status Tiles / Code: eo786
Note, this is based on bangali’s Presence Sensor and will not display the tiles until the sensor is opened or closed for first time. You may just have to open/close all of your sensors if you want all of them to show right away. You have to modify the DoorNames Variable to the exact name you want the tile to show, very useful if you want to shorten the name to correctly fit the tiles without renaming your devices.

See my Motion Sensor Tile here: [DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

4 Likes

bfara83
using this piston Window Status Tiles / Code: eo786
If I enter my 13 window sensors in device section I will get 13 tiles displayed?
Thanks Mike

In addition to updating the Windows device variable for your windows, you need to edit the WindowNames string variable to correspond to the thirteen window sensors.

I see what you are saying thanks. I would have missed that.
Mike

@anon36505037

Is there anywhere to get a list of code for all the animations possible for piston state or tiles that can be used.
I’m using one for life ring and spinning life ring, but I got that from someone’s piston example.
I’d love to see a list, and maybe an example page on the wiki