[DEPRECATED] Tado Heating Integration

no worries, glad you like it, i am using purely ST scheduling for my AC, and will be looking to do the same for my Heating as well, but i think i will need to write a smartapp tailored for my situation to do so. as i have tried all the thermostat control apps and they just don’t quite do what i want them to do :slight_smile: but i am glad its working for you… I did contact Tado support and all though there is multi zone now for heating only, the Complete multi-zone solution is 2-3 months away so i am waiting for that as i am on the list to be one of the first to have my accounts merged i will release a single smartapp to tie them all together once i can test against my account,

Just installed this and I get the Tado device showing in my Things list with a status of --. If I tap on the Tado thing, the app crashes immediately. Any ideas what I can try to remediate? I’m using an iPhone is that is worth knowing.

Ah - seems I was being impatient. Once the thing got data from Tado it started working :slight_smile:

just updated to v1.8 which is a quick dirty workaround for Multi Zone Control, see top post

Can I make a quick request to add the below line to line 51:

capability "Switch"

This would allow apps such as SmartRules to turn the heating on or off. I am currently using the functionality to have my heating set to off if my front door is left open for more than 3 minutes and then turn back on when the door is closed.

I would not introduced the capability switch to the device type as this doesn’t conform to the Thermostat capability. However I achieve the same by using a virtual switch that I use CoRE to switch on and off the heating based on switch state, it also updates the virtual switch with its current state if it is controlled outside of ST. But feel free to fork the repository and modify a custom version for yourself if you want.

Hi, I am fairly new to custom devices and can’t get this to work. Any help appreciated.

I successfully created the device, but the app crashes when I select the THING.

I have not added a “device network id”. No idea what it is. It is not the zone ID mentioned above, is it?

I do have two zones.

This is a copy of my Tado Device and it works OK for me.
Not sure if this helps but thought I would post in case it does.

Every device needs a unique Device Network ID, this can be anything you want but it has to be unique i.e. another device cannot use the same ID, for me i just put in just like @bobbles the same as the device name.

you will also need to set the username and password and zone id, these can be set from the IDE aswell as the Device settings if you are having issues getting into the device settings

Hi, great work with the integration. I’ve just installed my new Tado thermostat and the code in this post to create the device. I’ve manually created the device in the IDE and then went to the app to fill in my Tado account details, all good no errors. Unfortunately however I am not receiving any data from my Tado into Smartthings other than the Outside Temperature. Is anyone able to tell me where I went wrong, I’ve looked at the logging in the IDE and there are no errors.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
David

Panic over, sorted the issue. I had initially set the Username, Password and Zone in the IDE and used the Zone name not number, as soon as I changed it started working. Again a great integration thanks.

Hi Stuart, thanks for producing this app. I use it to provide a temporary set point override with my Smarttiles screens and it works perfectly. The only issue I am having is that it doesn’t seem to refresh the data itself. If I go into the device under ‘things’ and hit refresh it gets all the latest data.and this is reflected in Smarttiles.

If I don’t use the refresh button the data never seems to update so for example the set point might show as 15 degrees while the actual set point is 21. So if you wanted to increase the set point to give the heating a boost you need to check what the current room temp is to know where to set the thermostat.

Not sure If I am missing something or if it is even possible for the device to automatically perform a regular refresh itself?

it supposed to get information using the default polling cycle of 10 mins, however in my experience this is unreliable as with everything else on smartthings. can i suggest you use the pollster smartapp to set the refresh to every 5 mins (dont do more frequently than that as it will cause more problems than it fixes) that’s what i used to do when working with Smartthings. cant really help in much detail now as i no longer use smartthings.

I have pollster refreshing every minute and I cannot see any issues.

maybe not an issue with 1 minute refreshes on a small number of devices, but at a minute interval you are introducing a large number of data points for each device, and this is the number 1 cause for a lot of overload on the ST platform.

Thanks, it seemed to me that it was never polling. For example when I was looking into it this afternoon it was still showing the night time set point. I’ll give Pollster a try - a 5 minute refresh would be fine for me if I can get it to work. What did you move onto from ST?

I moved onto Vera plus. I can’t in good conscience recommend it. It’s far more reliable but just not user friendly at all and I lost SmartTiles, and alexa integration. I am getting replacements back bit by bit slowly and with lots and lots of coding

I’m trying to install this, by using cut-and-paste from the GitHub source, but am getting an error when saving;

No signature of method: script14784647957331550324651.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script14784647957331550324651$_run_closure2) values: [script14784647957331550324651$_run_closure2@632e0378] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

I confess to knowing nothing about Groovy, but am a competent developer in other things, but can’t see what’s wrong?

Phil

These are device types not smartapps you are pasting into the wrong section. Ensure you are passing into a new device type code window

Doh, stupid me!

Installed and running fine now, thanks for the help!