[DEPRECATED] - Hive (Connect) V2.6 (British Gas Hive)

New update - Hive Heating Device v2.1.5e and Hive Hot Water 2.0b - Android users affected by the mysterious blank thermostat tile, Hive Heating v2.1.5e and Hive Hot Water 2.0b should fix your issue.

Iā€™m on iOS

Alex,
you mentioned that v2 is not backwards compatible. Would I have to manually modify any rules that were using the Hive?

Yes. Hive Connect will create new devices alongside your old ones. You will have to migrate your existing rules to point to the new devices. If you go to your old hive device and select the Smartapps tab, you can see the list of all apps and tap on those to modify them to use the new Hive V2.0 devices. Then you can delete the old ones.

1 Like

Hi - Iā€™m totally new to SmartThings and only just setting up my hub etc. Iā€™ve got Hive v1 with a combi boiler and have had that for some time. Iā€™ve set up Hive Connect as a SmartApp, plus Hive v2 as a Device. I can ā€˜seeā€™ the Hive device on my iOS app and Iā€™ve added it - but the screen is showing nothing at all - no colours or data on the screen at all.

Iā€™ve worked my way down this thread and believe that Iā€™m doing everything as per whatā€™s discussed here. From higher up the thread, it seems that your app should work with Hive v1 as well as v2 - so Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s still the case.

So, newbie question, any pointers you can give me for where I might be going wrong?

I have gone through a process of adding my Nest Protect (from Repository) and itā€™s all showing up and working fine, so Iā€™m guessing that Iā€™ve missed out a step hereā€¦

Any errors in the Live Logging section on https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ when you hit the refresh button in the app?

Iā€™ve got it working. Basically, deleted everything and started again - I remember that I tapped a key when pasting the code last time (probably inserted a character somewhere that made it all fail) - and now itā€™s all working and showing temperature etc.

Many thanks for your fast response and sorry to be a PitA - a ā€˜fat fingerā€™ errorā€¦!

Hello Alex - Iā€™ve installed Hive and it now shows up on my iOS app. Iā€™ve added it in 2x locations, so that it shows up on both dashboards - I live in 2 locations (during week for work and home for weekend). Itā€™s a separate ā€˜roomā€™ at my work location, with other remote devices.

However, whenever I interrogate the Hive Heating ā€˜thingā€™ on my dashboard it keeps resetting itself to ā€˜offā€™ and 7deg for anti-frost. This is not the temperature I have it set to via the Hive app - so Iā€™m guessing it is somehow clashing by having the same device presented in 2x separate locations.

Since it works via logging into my Hive account, I guessed it would probably be ok to do this - but that could be a wrong assumption.

I donā€™t get any log data, since it presents as working etc - itā€™s just resetting to the wrong temp all the timeā€¦

Just so you can see the log from the appā€¦

Removed extra ā€˜roomā€™ and associated devices in my Work location and itā€™s now working on the Home location, so I guess that one was getting in the way of the other. Donā€™t understand why that would be, but it seems to be ok nowā€¦

Hmm. The only thing I can think of that would do this is if one of your Hive devices was set to ā€˜disabledā€™ in the device settings screen. The ā€˜disabledā€™ setting forces the Hive heating mode to off.

Iā€™ve checked and the ā€˜disabledā€™ switch is not on. Itā€™s all working fine now so Iā€™m not worried - Iā€™ll try re-adding the dummy ā€˜roomā€™ to my work location again tomorrow and see if it occurs again.

Thanks again for your time and responses. The app is great - very pleased to be able to have all my ā€˜smartā€™ kit in one place and working together.

Hello Alex - is it possible to include the ā€˜current temperatureā€™ as the icon for the Hive device, instead of itā€™s ā€˜stateā€™ (Idle or Heating etc)? Basically, in the ā€˜Recentlyā€™ messages area there is a constantly updating notification regarding the indoor temperature that the device is reading, which would be a great ā€˜dynamicly updatingā€™ alternative to the grey thermometer that is shown currently.

Itā€™s just a thought, but I wanted to askā€¦

Thanks

It is possible. In the Hive Heating V2.0 device code, change line 186 to main(["device.temperature"])

Done that, many thanks. Works a treat. :grin:

Minor update. Hive Heating Device v2.1.5g - Changes to tile display for iOS app v2.1.2.

Hi All, sorry to bring up an older topic, however Iā€™m just wondering what I would need to have this integrated with ST?

I dont have anything hive at the moment, however I was going to go for NEST, but recently Iā€™ve heard that investing in NEST might not be the best idea, so looking at HIVE now.

So really my question is, what would I need?

Just the thermostat? Hive hub also?

Thanks in advance.

This connector requires the Hive thermostat which should come with the Hive Hub as part of the Hive Heating Kit https://www.hivehome.com/shop/hive-active-heating

New update - Hive (Connect) v2.1.3b - Fix Hive Connect SmartApp refusing to load issue if state variable becomes corrupt and fix device failure if API timeout happens.

New update ready for autumn - Hive (Connect) v2.2 - Integrated Auto Mode functionality from Auto Mode for Thermostat smart app. This enables you to configure rules such as turning Hive heating off when youā€™re away.

Please note that this function is in BETA so please help me test and any feedback is welcome.