Definitive list of 'Things' that will work with UK SmartThings?

New to HA and just bought the Samsung SmartThings starter kit and a couple of extra multi-sensors.
I see that on the US SmartThings/Products page there are significantly more devices that can be addd to the system than the UK section.

What are our options? Iā€™ve heard mention of Mi Home (Xiaomi ?) devices being cheap and good quality but discussions online (granted from around 2015) seem to suggest they donā€™t stay connected to the ST hub or are problematic?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a definitive list of UK compatible ā€˜Thingsā€™? or can we create one here?

Also - can anyone please explain to me how I can tell which devices that are not on the ā€˜works with SmartThingsā€™ page are compatible.

Thanks for any adviceā€¦ looking to add to my system.

Thereā€™s no single list. The following should be of help:

The xiaomi devices are for now proving to be as reliable as any Samsung offerings :sunglasses: thereā€™s a thread here with lots of discussion and device handlers for the motion/contact/button/temp&humidity [OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

The orvibo stuff is pretty stable & reliable too. Infact anything that @a4refillpad releases a device handler for will play nicely with smartthings :relaxed:

Iā€™ll add this too because of your ? after xiaomi. ā€˜Mi Homeā€™ is also a name used by energenie for their products, whilst there are device handlers on here to use them, they use a different protocol not directly supported by smartthings and need their own hub.

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™ll take a read.

1 Like

M1key - Thanks - good job you mentioned thatā€¦ I had thought the Energenie stuff was something to do with Xiaomi!

Has anyone found the following devices which will work on UK ST Hub 2.0?

1. Glass Break Sensor - not the type which you affix to the actual glass paneā€¦ Iā€™m after an acoustic one that will deal with the security of my conservatory

2. Pet immune motion sensors - I have a small dog.

Ta

I havenā€™t seen an acoustic glass break sensor sold on the UK zwave frequency.

As far as motion sensors with adjustable sensitivity (typically called ā€œpet immuneā€), the everspring is the easiest to find as both Vesternet and zwaveproducts.co.uk carry it

There are a couple of Chinese ones, one from Sentek and one from Chromagic, but I havenā€™t seen them offered by European vendors, and personally, I donā€™t like to buy from AliBaba because the product descriptions are often incorrect and returns are difficult.