Defining a Hub device type

I would like my LAN created hub devices to have a similar UI to the SmartThings hub which shows the child devices. I tried to utilize the same device type as the ST hub in hopes that it would use the same vid and show any connected children:

metadata:
  deviceType: Hub
  ocfDeviceType: x.com.st.d.hub
  deviceTypeId: Hub

This didn’t change the presentation at all. Looking at the device info, it also didn’t set the device type. I also tried to use the same presentationId (SmartThings-smartthings-hub) but that resulted in an error.

How can I get my connected hubs to show their children like the ST hub? Seems like that should happen automatically if a device has child devices.

All the presentation has to work with is the deprecated bridge capability, and all that
has is a dashboard state. The plugin is bog standard too. So there is nothing to see there. Might as well show it here though …

{
    "mnmn": "SmartThings",
    "vid": "SmartThings-smartthings-hub",
    "version": "0.0.1",
    "dashboard": {
        "states": [
            {
                "label": "{{___PO_CODE_CAPABILITY.SMARTTHINGS.BRIDGE_DEFAULT_CONNECTED}}",
                "capability": "bridge",
                "version": 1,
                "component": "main",
                "composite": false,
                "group": "main",
                "transient": false
            }
        ],
        "actions": [],
        "basicPlus": []
    },
    "dpInfo": [
        {
            "os": "ios",
            "dpUri": "plugin://com.samsung.ios.plugin.stplugin/assets/files/index.html",
            "arguments": []
        },
        {
            "os": "android",
            "dpUri": "plugin://com.samsung.android.plugin.stplugin",
        },
        {
            "os": "web",
            "dpUri": "wwst://com.samsung.one.plugin.stplugin",
        }
    ],
    "language": [
        {
            "locale": "en",
            "poCodes": [
                {
                    "label": "Connected",
                    "po": "___PO_CODE_CAPABILITY.SMARTTHINGS.BRIDGE_DEFAULT_CONNECTED"
                }
            ]
        }
    ],
    "manufacturerName": "SmartThings",
    "presentationId": "SmartThings-smartthings-hub"
}

I’d imagine the way the hub is handled predates all the config/presentation stuff that came along to support custom capabilities and so it is now considered a ‘custom’ presentation, so basically ‘magic’.

Hi!
As Graham mentioned above, this is part of the custom UI of the Hub, there are no properties in the device config that would let us present something like that (icon, device name, etc.).
We’re also checking more details about that section because it seems Child-devices of Hub-Connected devices are not appearing there correctly:

Correct. This is what got me looking at it. Instead of adding grand children to the ST hub, I’d like to add children to their parent. I think it makes more sense. If I have a Hue hub device, the Hue lights should show up under there, where they are connected.

Sounds like a feature request, but should be possible for any device that adds itself to the Bridges category of uses a Hub type.