Dashboard?

I was just researching if anyone had pushed data out to a Status Board Widget. Am very new to Smartthings and want to do the same… is it possible to get the sample app/code that is displayed in Dan’s image?

thanks

Great question, Jon… (@jonallsebrook)

What do you say, @dlieberman … is your ad hoc test code published or shared somewhere, please?

Thanks!
…CP.

Sure @tgauchat, @jonallsebrook

Here are a couple of relevant things. First the super basic ThingSpeak logger code that sends data up to ThingSpeak for graphing:

Second, this exposes a web service that I point at with the Status Board charting widget. The Status Board charting widget doesn’t do OAUTH2 and only takes in an URL as an argument, so I had to go through the OAUTH2 flow by hand and obtain the URL for the installed SmartApp to put into Status Board. Keep in mind that this was only meant to be a proof-of-concept and I never validated the the data being given to Status Board is actually correct. It’s also been a very long time since I tested this. So disclaimers aside, here’s the code:

I hope that’s helpful!

-d

Thanks @dlieberman I will have a play and see what I can come up with.

Cheers

Jon

Wow… Was someone predicting the creation of SmartTiles when we wrote these posts?

ha! well yeah. I just don’t have the “smarts” to do that! luckily someone else does!

1 Like