Danalock V3 EU + ST Hub 2 + New App = useless?

Hey.
I know there are a lot of posts about ST & Danalock already… But seriously with that new app that is anything else but an improvement for me so far, I get confused:

So, I got myself a brand new Danalock V3 EU, installed it, put it into inclusion and added it to the ST Hub. I did that twice while at the first time it was recognized as a “Z-Wave Lock with Codes”, the second time it remained a “generic zwave device”-something.
However it remains useless even if I manually adjust the device type, as within the new app I cannot lock/unlock or even receive the battery status.

any ideas?


Couple of things:

  1. From your screenshot I can see that your lock isn’t pairing properly with the hub, you’re having interference or mesh issues. Check your batteries, reboot the hub and pair it within 2ft of the hub
  2. You may want to use this device handler for your Danalock V3, it’s has specific support for the V3. Also check out the supported features for your lock in the table on this topic:

@vitruvo I can’t say for certain this applies to you but when I migrated to the new Smartthings app which they made a compulsory move it said that the new app does not yet support smart locks in the UK. I would tend to suspect this applies to the whole of Europe as well.

So based on this I don’t think it is you, the lock or the hub but the still incomplete new app. I find it appalling that they have forced people to stop using a working solution for a still incomplete replacement.