Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

@mdawson check these guys out… They have good prices, and they explain how to setup the products…

I’v ordered 6 of these from them before and would rec them.

With the cheapest possible shipping from Smartesthouse.com, it’s more expensive than the link I listed. At least for one.

Thats a bummer… I must have hit a free shipping sale or something.

1 Like

Sorry to say, but that is not a very good price on those.

They drop to about $20-22 regularly from BuyDig either on their site or ebay.

As soon as I see it pop up again, I’ll make sure to post it here. They typically do those switches, the minimote v1, and the energy meters on sale pretty cheap.

4 Likes

mdawson, are you trying to post amazon.com links to get a referral commission, and this is why you have posted 3 “deals” in the past week on this thread where the price is about 30% higher than previously noted prices in this same deal thread?

No offense, and I’m sure all here are appreciative of any member in the community when they post a good deal, but your posts are starting to show a pattern. (You posted the door sensors and the Garage door opener recently with Amazon links, and people subsequently noted that they were not great prices.)

5 Likes

You beat me to it, pretty sure I paid $18 each with free shipping last month from buydig. Just don’t be in a rush to get them

You might need to get out more. :wink:

Here’s the trick on www.zwaveproducts.com

First, I like this retailer, I do buy from them, they have a decent returns policy ( although not great), a good selection, and an excellent website in terms of product information. They also put together some good “bundles” of different items, like a pocket socket and a minimote.

But they price differently based on the sales channel. And their Amazon price is almost always the highest price that they offer. (I assume they pay Amazon a commission)

For example, the exact same item you just linked to at 29.95 is 24.95 if you buy it new off their website. (Or $19.99 for a refurbished one.)

Now it’s true, you have to be buying $100 worth of stuff to get free shipping, but it’s pretty easy to buy a hundred dollars worth of stuff in this category.

New:

http://www.zwaveproducts.com/shop/brands/aeotec/z-wave-smart-energy-switch

Refurbished (under Sales)

http://www.zwaveproducts.com/shop/sale/z-wave-smart-switch-open-box

They also frequently selloff stuff through eBay or buydig. I myself don’t buy through those channels because the return policy isn’t the same, but the price will usually be lower.

So I like the retailer, I like the product, but Amazon is not the place to look for the best deal from this particular retailer.

That’s actually not uncommon when you’re buying home automation devices. If Amazon is stocking it itself, you’ll usually get a good deal. But if it’s one of the niche HA retailers, you’re quite often get a better deal by buying direct from their own site.

GE+Quirky Smart Outlets went on clearance at my local Home Depot for $13.03/each (originally $59.99). Unfortunately they sold all 6 in inventory before I could pick them up. Maybe others will have better luck. They are listed as “Discontnued” on HD’s website.

2 Likes

Do you have SKU for this item by any chance?

Is this thing Z-wave or Zigbee?

Hmmm… connected home protocol description says Wifi. Not sure if it actually works with ST or not. A brief search on the community forum may shed more light.

1 Like

I’m shopping Amazon for my own stuff. I’m new (or rather, returned after a long break to using this forum.) I’m still figuring out what is a good price. Still discovering what’s out there and what vendors are better than others.

Also, at least one of the “better” prices that got mentioned after one of my posts was not a better price when shipping was considered.

Quirky Outlink inwall receptacle is zigbee. It works with Smart
Things as a zigbee light switch for basic on/off, but last I saw no one had the energy reporting features working yet. See:

1 Like

Tried to user the inventory checker: Free Online Shopping Help: Deals Coupons Forum Links Reviews Tips and found zero in my area. Bummer :frowning:

Do they all come up for that price? My local Home Depots have a couple, but they all have $29.99 stickers on them.

Can you post a picture or receipt?

I was able to pick up 4 at the $13.03 price at my Home Depot. Good stuff. Now to figure out what to use them for, but I definitely have a need for Christmas lights next year. Thanks!

Are both sockets controllable or only one?

Here’s my receipt from tonight.