Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

In my case, I do happen to have only Android devices in use as control panels, etc, but not because I’m Android-only. I also have iMacs, iPads, iPhones & iPods. However, when it comes to planning out setting up control panels all throughout the house, I just can’t justify spending hundreds of dollars on a single device when that same amount of money could get me pretty close to all of the control panel devices I’ll need by considering budget before going shopping. lol

If you have a severely limited budget for this kind of stuff, you don’t have to be any more Apple-Only than I am Android-Only. When most folks doing this are most likely going to be using something like SmartTiles which is simply a webpage in a browser, nobody is going to care about which kind of device it is displayed on. They’ll be too busy kneeling down to worship at the alter of how freakin cool you are and what you’ve managed to do with so little resources. :slight_smile:

p.s. Of course I know you were just kidding. Me too. :wink:

Not to go too far off tangent, but if you need accessibility support due to blindness or inability to use your hands, it’s very likely that all your touch screen devices will be IOS, not android. And that includes wall mount dashboards. Just sayin’
 :sunglasses:

So it’s not just about style points.

1 Like

I emailed and asked about the availability of the product. They said it’s in stock. I just made the order. Hopefully it works with ST.

1 Like

Great, I hope it can be incorporated into SmartThings. I was almost going to bite but I just bought a second Amazon Echo
these things can really add up! I was hoping someday that Alexa would be able to chime in some day and so I won’t need one of these door bells.

1 Like

Intrigued
 Sorry, but I’m a bit ignorant (I can hear it now
you’re darn right you are buddy lol ) about accessibility differences between them.

This is a very important point, and I wouldn’t want to miss it, in case it ever becomes more personally relevant, or just simply, relevant to somebody I’m helping out with this stuff someday.

So, what specifically is better on an Apple device than an Android device when it comes to accessibility? Very interested

Discussed in detail in the voice command solution topic, where it is on topic, so follow ups there please: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve had good luck with the Dragon Tech Z-Wave Plus On/Off Switch WS-100, I can vouch for it. I’m not sure if it’s the exact same manufacturer as the GE/Jascos have an air gap switch and at least the WS-100 doesn’t. They also sell on Amazon, but you’ll have shipping costs there. I’ve ordered a couple of these three packs, they arrived quickly.

Not sure if it’s because of the order total or because I did it through Amazon, but there was an Aeon Labs MiniMote v1 sent with each of my orders. First order was one three pack, second was two packs of three switches, so I’m guessing it’s one free Minimote per order maybe based on total. It’s not listed on their website or the Amazon page, so it was a pleasant surprise.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012JAXBB8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

1 Like

Check the FCC certification on the back, you can get the manufacturer from that. If it’s Jasco, they also make the GE switches.

1 Like

Good call, forgot all about that. I have one that isn’t in service yet, FCC ID is 2ABWCWS100. FCC OET site says the same as the back of the switch, “Dragon Tech Industrial Limited” - out of Hong Kong. So seems to be a different company, but of course they could be a related manufacturer, I don’t know where Jasco produces their switches.

For a Z-Wave Plus switch the three pack was a good price. I saw on the Z-Wave Alliance site that GE/Jasco has Z-Wave Plus switches that were certified recently but I haven’t seen them available for purchase yet, which is why I went with the Dragon Tech as I wanted to take advantage of the improved range among other things. Couldn’t wait for GE. :grinning:

They’re solid enough switches, but I haven’t seen a color change kit for the paddle yet. All our switches are white so that’s not a problem for us but could be for someone else so thought I’d mention it. Using an Aux switch in a three-way circuit doesn’t get the status change reported back to the Hub just like the GE/Jasco switches so there’s that as well, but the periodic poll/refresh gets it sooner or later. I imagine that’s due to them not paying the Lutron patent royalty if I understand that situation correctly.

Still they’ve been a solid switch, we’re happy with them.

1 Like

I think Amazon has some kind of a deal for Schlage Camelot locks if sold by Amazon directly.

1 Like

That Schlage deal runs through December. Buy a lock, get a free door knob.

Support Group: “Hi, Rick!”

3 Likes

Supporting member “Hi Rick!”

1 Like

Anyone know if these will pair? The older stuff for Iris at Lowes on clearance rack for $10 each. Bunch more I’ll go get if this stuff pairs but didn’t want to get anymore without knowing for sure.

I went for the 3 way that is listed on website. I show 3 in stock but couldn’t find any of them. http://m.lowes.com/pd/GE-2-Piece-15-Amp-White-3-Way-Decorator-Light-Switches-Works-with-Iris/3707744

None of the items I bought were showing up on website.

2 Likes

anything that says z-wave should technically work, which I believe all of these are, but check the package to make sure.

Sidenote. Now I have to make yet another stop to lowes
 lol

Are those the old switches that don’t require a neutral wire?

They have a neutral, so I assume it is required. Going home to do a quick setup and pair to make sure work, then I will go buy the rest.

Perfect! I wanted to make sure they were the ones that did require a neutral.

So I stopped by my local Best Buy today and they had a whole section for Smartthings.

They’ve probably had it for awhile and I didn’t notice but it is nice to have another option to pick up devices locally