Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

I’m seeing them at 14.24 at Sears.
Shows up as 14.99, crossed out, but says to proceed to checkout to see final price.

Anyone know if those work on dimmer lamps - or if any do in general?

I put 3 GE Link bulbs in my dimmer lamp and they do flicker a bit sometimes. I have to goof around with the dimmer % on the bulbs to stop it. I don’t mind keeping the dimming knob on the lamp 100% as long as any specific brand plays nicely with it.

Best Buy sure is the cheapest price right now for the new light strips - $69.00 vs $89.00.

Maybe it’s store by store but I never realized that they not only price match but also take 10% off to be an even better price. If so and that applies as a policy across all stores, then I got screwed haha! Well 12 x $7.50 would be $90 so I lost $9 I guess.

I got a pair of lightstrips back in April and haven’t even set them up yet because I don’t know where exactly to put them lol, where do you guys use them around your house?

I just thought it was a cool gadget to have haha!

You could always go the @Mike_Maxwell route:

6 Likes

Now that is cool. :smile:

I ran some under the bed that turn on automatically to a dim red if someone comes in (my 4 year old) or someone needs to get up during the night. Same in the bathroom. I like that I can have red light instead of something white and brighter coming on when the house is dark. The bedroom ones are also good for mood lighting. :wink:

I have one behind the armoire and under the desk in the guest room so that people have a night light whenever they move around on the floor at night (my system doesn’t detect motion on the bed), but set to a dim, nice color so it’s not blaring at them.

Behind my TV in my LR. I’d like to get a few sets for my front windows. Do them season colors. Purple/Pink @ Easter, Green at St Pt, Red/White/Blue at 4th of July, Orange at Halloween, Brown at Thanksgiving, Green/Red at Christmas. Also be able to light them in colors for other stuff like Blue to Support Police etc etc etc.

Problem is it really adds up per windows.

1 Like

Wow how many light strips do you guys have? If only these things weren’t so darn expensive haha! I only got 1 kit so far and I think that’s only like 6 or 7 ft which ehhhh I can do a piece of the couch in the LR haha.

One behind the main TV, used as a notification mechanism for several things:

• Dog needs her heartworm/flea/tick meds
  • There’s an outside door open
  • The toddler is trying to escape from his room
  • It’s going to be cold enough tonight to run the pellet stove instead of just the heat pump
  • It’s going to be ridiculously cold tonight and we should also let a tap drip
  • etc.

One under the kitchen cabinets for nice even workspace lighting, triggered by a hidden motion sensor that can only see the area right in front of the counter.

1 Like

Smart bulb on a smart switch causing the issue may be? Experts can chime in. Thought I read it somewhere in one of the threads. Did you try a dimmable dumb bulb?

Philips Lighstrip plus is super bright. I use it over the mantel.

No, just smart bulbs in a conventional dimmer lamp. BUT you got me thinking and I can buy a smart dimmer wall wart thing and just buy normal led bulbs. Thank you for costing me more money. :frowning: :smiley:

Hi all,
I stumbled upon this thread while I was looking to buy a ST hub and I’ve been checking it daily. Found a deal I thought i’d post. www.Smartthings.com has a hub on sale for 89.99 when added to cart and an additional 10 dollars off when you use promo/coupon code: WELCOME10. Just in case people read this and don’t get promotional emails.

1 Like

Yeah good deal. The only problem is for people ordering for a Christmas gift, expedited shipping is required for delivery in time, which puts s/h costs at around an aditional $25. :frowning:

LOL $25 for shipping???

Yeah, showing $25.60 for me :frowning:

Anybody using the new lightstrips outside? I have a covered patio with no lighting. Just wondering how well they actually stick and would the tape survive the winter? The strips will be attached to Powdercoated metal and the electronics in a plastic sealed pull box. Here’s a pic of the underside of the patio cover.