Cox homelife with SmartThings?

I have a fairly basic SmartThings setup with a few leak detectors, light switches and dimmers, and have also ‘integrated’ my Netgear Arlo camera and my Ecobee Thermostat.

Yesterday I was basically ‘given’ a Cox Homelife kit for free (promotion from Cox, not really wanted but made some other services cheaper so took it). They insisted on doing the installation. The kit consists of a smart ‘hub’ (seems very similar to the Samsung SmartThings hub), a camera, a door sensor, and a smart ‘bulb’. A quick bit of research suggests they are using Zigbee (or Z-wave) and thus, two thoughts occurred to me:

1. can I ignore the Cox Homelife hub entirely and integrate these three devices (camera, sensor, bulb) into my SmartThings setup?
  2. are there likely to be any conflicts with having two ‘similar but different’ sets of devices in the house?

They are using zigbee with the profile that should be compatible with smartthings for the Device classes that SmartThings supports. I don’t know what, if anything you could do with the camera. The sensor and the bulbs should work with SmartThings, but then they will not work with the Cox panel anymore because zigbee ZHA can only have one PRIMARY coordinator per network.

It’s unlikely that you would have a problem if you just ran two separate networks.