Couldn't Register Hub

It does sometimes shows a solid green light, honestly I am at loss with all. It’s connected via cable straight into the rear of the sky q hub.

I only purchased Samsung smart thing so I could control my son’s Xbox via a power switch :see_no_evil:

I don’t suppose some could help me, am in the same situation. Ticket number 1089065.

Tagging @Brad_ST @SamsungZell @jody.albritton

Many thanks!
Nick

Hi @SamsungZell , is it just me or do those links no longer work? Am getting a bit authorized to view the page when I click on them? Thanks.

Same issue. Upgraded to new app. I had two factor turned on with an old Samsung phone - 2014. Flash forward I cannot log into my old account because I no longer own the old device. I set up new account and when I try to register my hub it says it is already registered etc… I can send picture of hub SN# and welcome code if needed. Please help Brad.@brad_st

Can you send the picture and welcome code to support@smartthings.com? If you let me know your ticket # I can take a look.

I cant get my V3 Hub to register either. Is there no fix for this?

Craziest story yet. Bought my Hub v3 off of Ebay and the seller swapped the boards and cases so my hub was never going to register. Samsung Help called this out and I had to crack open the case to get the correct serial number off the swapped board, then it worked. So for the thread, buyer beware if you are getting old second hand hubs.

Hi all, I’ve recently upgraded my WiFI and ever since, my smartthings couldn’t register the hub. Despite restarting app, restarting hub, putting hub right beside my router, nothing works. The error code it shows is 33.505. Is anyone facing the same issue?

The aeotec is tough to setup. I actually had to force close the SmartThings app, delete cache, delete data, factory reset the hub and then start over.

Even then, the installation process would fail, but you could click continue and it would go on, advancing little by little until reaching 100% when it displayed the final error but it was correctly setup since I’m using it and works fine.

Do not do a hard reset yet! Try a soft reset that only resets the network on the hub.

To soft reset:

• unplug the power cord
  • with a pin, press the reset slot
  • while pressing, plug the power cord back into the hub or outlet
  • when you see the flashing yellow led on the front of the hub, release the pin
  • wait about 10 minutes
1 Like