Costco CE Smart Home Wifi plug

A year later but i thought i’d post my findings. If instead of the Ce Smart Home app you use the Smart Life app, and connect your switches and outlets with it it works.

It is the same app, just re-branded by CE Smart Home.

Understand that using SmartThings to connect to Smart life thru IFTTT (3 separate entity) does add a bit of delay, 3-4 seconds in my case. To connect porch light when you arrive in your car is perfect.
To turn on the bathroom light when you enter, chances are you will get to the switch before it auto turn on.

Hope this helps

Thanks for posting this. The FCCID is really useful. I think I am going to use the info on their site combined with the SuperHouseTV tutorials to load tasmota onto their powerbar. Jon from SuperHouseTV sells everything you need to do it.

Hey guys.
Just wanted to share this but could not find a more exact match. I have the CE Smart light switch, three to be exact. The first two are installed activated and respond to google home. The third one today i installed and it operates via the ce smart app BUT not with google. Google home doesn’t recognize it. I managed to fix it. Here’s how.

1. I went into google home app. Setup new device.
  2. Selected “works with google/have something skit setup”
  3. I selected “ce smart” (2 devices already linked)
  4. Click “unlink” (yes unlink, don’t worry it’s ok they will return back on easily enough)
  5. A new screen pops up /or exit and return to this screen
  6. CE Smart devices should no longer be listed under linked devices. If it is unlink again.
  7. Scroll down to CE Smart and select it
  8. Login (is this is your first ce device you will need to register)
  9. It should automatically now display your previous two devices AND your new device. Note: all your ce smart devices need to have been registered with the ce smart app (and cloud by proxy) for this to work.
  10. Your next screen you can manually select one by one device and add it to a room
  11. Voila! You’re done!

Hi folks, I reached out to smart life to see if my ce
smart plugs from Costco were compatible with IFTTT and unfortunately they are not. I like the ability to see power consumption but unfortunate they don’t integrate w (ST or) IFTTT

I wanted to use the outlet to tell me if the device that is plugged in is running or not. Based on current usage, I can physically see, but I wanted to be msg’d when the plugged in device was off… I’m using it to monitor a concealed heater that is in my hot tub surround to prevent the tub from freezing while waiting for service. I can’t see anyway to get the data out of the outlet through the CE app.