CoRE SmartApp Changes - 1/5/17

As per the email some of us got and it’s also posted above. It advises to check your dashboard to see if it’s working, if not try a rebuild on your pistons. Also check your version number, it should be v0.3.169.20170104

I have looked and looked for this setting because it seems to have disappeared from one of my rules. I had it set to change the color temperature to 2700K when the virtual switch was triggered at sunset and now I don’t see any ability to set color temperature. I poked through the code and nothing jumped out at me, was this rule option removed as part of this change also?

This morning’s postings fired but I did have to rebuild then. Some I had to go back and rebuild from within the piston itself. The “mass” rebuild didn’t work on all of them. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough for some to be rebuilt. I’m ok with that. I understand that platform changes do occur. Thanks to @ady624 and ST for a relatively painless update.

2 Likes

Just catching up on the thread all.

I am seeing almost all green lights but maybe a few people that are having problems. If you are experiencing any lingering problems please put @ady624, @slagle, and @vlad into a PM so we can help get you sorted.

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement everyone and Happy New Year!

11 Likes

All good. I was able to get the few stubborn pistons to rebuild. Thanks for the follow up. It is much appreciated!

2 Likes

I had a few CoRE events miss yesterday (as well as my Goodbye routine which didn’t run when both of us left home, and my wife returning home didn’t trigger a push notification through SHM like usual), but everything appears normal today. CoRE dashboards seem to be loading significantly faster too :slight_smile: Thanks to everyone for your hard work!

I’ve had about 5-6 pistons fail in as many days. Latest was tonight when coming home in the dark. Getting discouraged.

@ady624 @slagle @vlad

Well no, I didn’t experience the delay tonight cuz the piston was completely blank so nothing happened at all. I requested CoRE to rebuild the Pistons and it did come back and now it works just fine.

Rick

I have been considering installing CoRE but it sounds like I should wait till the issues are resolved?

I did experience a Piston issue 2 days ago, where a Light that was scheduled to get turned on was swapped out for a different light. This is now the 3rd time in the last 4-5 months where a Piston as been changed and I know for a fact that it wasn’t me and if you know me at all, I don’t play with working Pistons

So far, things tonight seem to be working well
Thank you @ady624 and SmartThings :slight_smile:

Rick

Great coordination! Glad I made the switch to SmartThings! Now if we could get CoRE officially supported for offline use :wink::+1:

2 Likes

What, wait for perfection? Why, then you miss out on all the cool/good things that are available now.

No different than smart phones, laptops… if you wait for the best, you will never buy anything cuz there is always something better coming next week.

Come on in, the water’s fine

Rick

1 Like

While I only have 3 Pistons set up right now, I experienced no issues with this change. CoRE has been rock solid, and I wouldn’t use this change and associated issues as a deterrent to keep you from using it.

Thank you for the input. I will give it a go this weekend.

As the others have mentioned - there’s really no issue with CoRE. This should be a one time update and should not be interpreted to mean that there is instability with CoRE at this time (it is one of the most popular SmartApps for a reason :slight_smile: ). The only things we’re really looking into right now is if the auto-update caused any unforeseen issues for the users that were updated. Given the large install base, the fact that only a few people in this thread have brought up issues, I think the upgrade was a success.

12 Likes

Glad you were able to get the piston rebuilt and it’s working fine now. I had to rebuild a few this morning but I think all is good again. The heads up from ST was sure nice so I want scratching my head wondering what happened.

Congrats SmartThings folks…Sincerely.

There are some real milestones being reached here. There aren’t the nefarious implications that this or that community app is beta / the problem. The organization clearly went above and beyond working with app authors to test, identify solutions, test solutions, deploy solutions, etc. Anecdotally, the updates are going a lot smoother these days than if we look back to compare to 2015 or early 2016.

I’ve personally had what I would generally refer to as a stable system for coming up on 6 months.

15 Likes

I’d like to add my thanks to the developers and the support team. The heads up email was excellent and the fact so much effort was put in to keep a 3rd party community App alive over an upgrade is a huge testement that choosing Smartthings was a smart choice.

I had to rebuild my pistons but frankly that’s a trivial matter considering the work that must have gone on behind the scenes.

3 Likes

I have a problem on two of my piston. When I click it Id just got this after I update the core app

Any idea even just to remove it. Coz when i click remove nothings happen.

1 Like

Not really for this thread but how are you accessing CoRE?