CoRE SmartApp Changes - 1/5/17

@ady624 do you know why this might happen after updating?

My Pistons seem to work but if I try to creat a new one I get that…

I got that message and decided to update the SmartApp myself from the repo. Easy enough to publish the new update bu my dashboard still looks the same, I don’t see the newer dashboard. Are there additional upgrade steps that I am missing?
Love the app by the way!

Nevermind, I see the updated version number but I didn’t realize there were two dashboard themes. I added this app for a friend recently and his dashboard looked different so I assumed it was a version difference. Some how his defaulted to the other experimental theme.

The default theme was changed at some point… for new installs… :wink:

1 Like

Have no clue, will try that

1 Like

But didnt he pull it so noone else could work on making it work. Atleast CORE developer/s gave it /SmartThings another chance. With how useful Core is you would think SmartThings would just buy it or hire developer to build it all in natively. I really do not see how a smart hub could not do the things CORE can do (natively).

3 Likes

I hate to assume that a change caused an issue… But same time as an IT guy, when something is changed then users report they see something different I perk up.

In the api, under My Devices. ALL of my Hue related devices (bulbs but also the bridge) say HUB_OFFLINE. Now I dont know if that means the ST Hub or the hue bridge. But my ST hub is online, controllable and shows up fine in the API. This also hasn’t impacted any automations. Lights are turning on and off as expected with SmartLighting. I can control them from the ST app without issue… so far. I’ve not tested all 30 bulbs but the few I’ve tapped have worked. Also not seeing any errors in loggin. Just the status in the api showing HUB_OFFLINE.

I got curious about the CoRE update, so wanted to go look to see about doing a github pull. I clicked my devices for some reason and then noticed this. Few small facts, I am on a v1 st hub, appear that I am on the old shard, and for the most part try to keep things as stock as possible…as in I do have CoRE installed but do not have anything but a test piston that I dont use in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not exactly how it went down. Doesn’t matter anymore anyway.

2 Likes

It has something to do with secondary accounts. Works fine on my main account, but bombs if I use it on my secondary account…

1 Like

I had a similar issue prior to the upgrade. I can generate however, secondary account can not. Same thing with a few other apps I have going. I just assumed they didn’t have the oAuth? idk. If you figure it out, let me know? If not, I will sit down and play with it this weekend. Just haven’t had time.

1 Like

wouldn’t it make sense to try to solve the problem? No piston issues here…
You came on here to complain but gave 0 details on your issues?

11 Likes

Everything working smoothly here. Thank you to both the ST and CoRE development teams for working together to make the change a success.

1 Like

Everything looks good here. I was also extremely happy to see the collaboration between the developer and ST.

2 Likes

Me too, glad to see the community support

I just hope this fixes my 5-10 second delay to turn on a light when a door opens

Rick

1 Like

Did this delay occur this evening, Rick? I had a period of time when I thought the system was down except that my Google Home commands were being executed immediately. I then thought the motion sensors were down but it cleared up quickly after that so I didn’t look at any logs.

I had a schedule piston fail to fire around 9pm local tonight. Not sure if related…

It seem like I had a period of downtime for half an hour yesterday evening Eastern standard time. Between 6:30 PM and 7 PM where none of my Pistons fired. But after that everything worked. I guess that’s when my update went through. I did receive an email from Smartthings saying that my core has been updated. So I must’ve been part of that 15%. But everything is working now.

1 Like

I never received an email, but all of my pistons stopped working last night.

My heart dropped out of my body and my stomach instantly went into that nervous gassy thing when I read the title of this thread.

After reading, I am in just awe of how the ST staffed worked through this with the authors of CoRE and didn’t ruin thousands of users working ST pistons!

Thanks SmartThings and thanks to the creators of CoRE!

3 Likes