CoRE lighting issue

Ok, for the most part, I think I’m pretty savvy with CoRE. Nothing extreme, but I can get it to do what I want…but this one has me stumped and I need some help. Here’s what I want to do:

Every night, at the same offset time from sunset, I want to turn on my landscape lighting. Some of these lights are just a simple switch, no big deal. But, three of these lights are hue bulbs. I want those three hue lights to come on at the same time as the rest of the yard, and most days just to come on as “soft white” lights at a level of 99%.

But, on certain holidays, I want those three hue bulbs to come on with speciifc’ different Colors. So, for July 4th, I want one light red, one white and one blue. For March 17th, I want them all green. Etc.

I’m missing something fundamental, somewhere. I’ve been trying to use a follow-up piston, then use specific true actions for each date group, and then use hue, sat and level within those specific true actions, but I can’t get it to work.

So’ I’m asking for help. Can someone lay out the entire piston (pistons) for me please? I’ve spent about 20 hours on this and just can’t get it. Help!!

@ady624? Anyone?

Will this help? CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

I only have one light outside so I made it change colors every 30s:

1 Like

Maybe I don’t fully understand how a follow up piston works. Do I have to have an IF statement? If I don’t have an IF statement, is the piston false? Should I put my actions under ELSE?

Yeah, a piston without an IF will just run the ELSE every time it is executed by other pistons.

Did the link that Andy provide help? I think I am doing exactly what you want to do.

So, with that in mind, if my primary piston executes a follow-up piston, and that follow-up piston has no IF statement, all that will be in that follow-up piston is a series of ELSE statements. Once the primary piston fires, the else statements of the follow-up pistons should fire automatically, every time (as there are no conditions). Yes?