ConstantGraph Data Logging and Charting

Does the channel input filter only apply to new data that comes into that channel (new after the filter is setup), or does it also apply to historical entries? I have a bogus datapoint on one of my inputs that is impacting a graphs (below) but I have not been able to fix that using the input filter feature. Not sure I’m applying it correctly or not. If it only affects new captures, is there any other way to delete specific historical entries? Thanks.

@georgeh - the input filter does only apply to new data that comes in (after it is set-up). However, there is also a button to the right of the input filter values: Apply input filter to existing data.

Make sure you have saved your input filter then click the blue button. As long as the original bogus raw data point still exists, it will be deleted and the aggregations recalculated. Note this can take a minute or so to complete.

That got it! In hindsight, the instructions on the page are pretty clear so not sure why I had trouble.
Thanks

This is very interesting. How did you add the outside temperature, I mean from what source and how?

I am having a problem connecting my ConstantGraph account to SmartThings
I have followed the steps logged in to ST and generated a PAT.
I copied it and pasted in the box in CG.
It says “click save” in the guide but there is no save button, only a “next” button, so I clicked that and it goes to a “select data” screen which I left as is with everything selected. I then clicked “Import Data” as that was the only button.
It says “importing data” (?) and then an error message appear “Personal Access Token cannot be validated”.

There doesn’t seem to be anything generated, just the original sample data/channel

Any thoughts?
Rob

Any thoughts

Hi Rob. There is a problem with the way you have created your PAT. I have responded to you via email with the details.

Hi @Donostio. As this question is not directly related to ConstantGraph, you may be more likely to get a reply if you post it on one of the other channels on this site.

Thanks,
It was.my fault I had clicked the wrong button when generating the PAT.

So the lesson to be learned is if you see the message about the token being invalid it is.most likely you didn’t generate the token correctly. Go back and generate a new token and make sure you click the right access options.

Hi @constantgraph

This is a great project, and I really hope that it’s successful and sustainable for you. Well done.

I have 3 hub locations but unfortunately the specific location I need to log isn’t included when I connect to Smartthings. Is there anyway to include more than 2 locations, or alternatively, can I select which location(s) are connnected.

Thanks

@constantgraph I’ve just found the ‘5 locations’ subscription option!

Thanks

Just logged in after a few weeks and got this notice: The location ‘XXX’ has been disabled from SmartThings data collection as it is no longer available.

Data on my graphs flatlined as of 12/20.

What gives, and how to fix?

Hi @georgeh that should only happen if the location has been deleted from ST or your Personal Access Token has been invalidated in some way.

However as you are posting here it sounds like neither of those have happened. I’ll do a bit of investigation and see if I can find the reason.

Location seem unchanged and still shown in ST IDE, and the hub’s working normally. I see the prior PAT still there in my ConstantGraph account profile, but perhaps that doesn’t necessarily confirm its still valid.
And FWIW my last hub FW update is shown as 11/8/22 (well before this breakdown).

Hi @georgeh could you please send me an email to contact@constantgraph.com with the name of the email address you used to register on ConstantGraph along with the name of the location that is impacted. I just need to be certain I’m looking at the right account. Thanks.

just did so, thanks.

@georgeh I’ve had a look and found that the SmartThings API returned a server error on one of your requests and ConstantGraph interpreted this as your location being disabled. I have re-enabled the location and updated the code to be less sensitive to SmartThings server errors. Unfortunately there may be a bit of a gap in your data.

Thanks for the prompt attention and fix! Gaps are not a big problem, looks like the prior history is still intact which was my bigger concern.
Cheers

First of all thanks for your work. I want to log air quality data with my smartthings samsung airmonitor plus but It logs too rarely. like once every 3~4hours. is there any way to log at least once every 5 minute also?
oh if you needed i’m useing ** mail with your service

Hi @sweethim38. The way ConstantGraph works is that it logs a point every time the data changes rather than at a set frequency. This is also the way that SmartThings stores the data. If it is not logging as frequently as you would like it is likely the configuration of your device rather than anything to do with ConstantGraph. You can check how frequently the device is logging by checking the history tab in the SmartThings app.

2 Likes

Just to let everyone know that the latest version of ConstantGraph has been released with additional aggregations on the Gauges (instant data). You can now select whether to aggregate the data over the last calendar week as opposed to the previous 7 days and over the last calendar month as opposed to the previous 30 days. The new aggregations ensure that the Time Series graphs and the Gauges show data more consistently with each other. Instant Data charts now also automatically update more frequently for those on higher subscription levels. Note that the default behaviour has changed so it may be necessary to update your gauge if it isn’t showing the value you expected.

3 Likes