Connecting LIFX with Smart Things in the UK

I’ve recently purchased a Smart things starter kit and was impressed with it’s capabilities. I got excited and decided I wanted to integrate some other tech. I’ve been looking at lighting for a while (even before I’d heard of smart things) and decided to get a LIFX white bulb. I did my research and on both LIFX and Smart things sites it said that the bulb was compatible within the app.

When I got hold of one of the bulbs I plugged it in and it worked fine with the LIFX app. Then when it came to connecting to smart things I clicked on connect device and selected the white LIFX bulb which asked me to connect my LIFX account. I clicked on this and got the following error:

{“error”:true, “type”:“AccessDenied”,“message”:“This request is not authorized by the specified access token”}

On reading through the forums there seems to be some issues with authentication, however that was around a month ago and some of the replies mention it will be sorted within a week etc.

I’ve seen a workaround on one of the threads but unsure if this is an issue with me personally or a global issue.

I emailed LIFX and they said “Hi,Thanks for reaching out! Currently, there are no plans to integrate directly with “SmartThings.” I do hope that you find the right solution for your home. If there are any more questions that I can answer for you, please let me know.” Which annoyed me as on both sites they advertise works with Smart things and works with LIFX"

The closest thing if got to making it integrate is the IFTTT application, but smart things offers much more control.

If anyone has any update on this or any non complex work rounds, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same issue Lifx blub working via app, firmware updated and blub “claimed” in Lifx app.

I get the same error message when trying to correct with Smartthings.

Same errors here too. If you haven’t already, raise a support request with this info to make them aware it is a widespread issue. R

I tweeted LIFX and they said they would look in and confirmed it should now be compatible.

They are going to look into it for me, however think they are on Australian time and don’t get back in until Monday.

I’ve also emailed smart things and they’ve so far not got back to me.

Currently using the work around which has been posted on this forum which does the job. However there is a delay when it hits motion sensor.

I will keep the forum updated if there is a fix.