Connect Nest Manager to additional switch

(Scott) #1

Continuing the discussion from [RELEASE] Nest Manager 2.0:

I have a air circulating fan on a z-wave switch. I would like the switch to turn on when my Nest thermostat comes on and turn off when the Nest does. I am not seeing how to connect the two. Any help would be appreciated.

(Anthony S.) #2

This isn’t part of the initial scope of the app, but would be fairly easy to add. Would the switch come on whenever the thermostat was in a running state or only when the fan-only is called?

(Scott) #3

For me, running state. But I can see where it would be beneficial in both states.

I am using the fan to help the ac work easier.

Thank you for the quick reply!

(Anthony S.) #4

I just pushed out an update that should accommodate your needs. It’s located under the remote sensor section

(Scott) #5

Sorry, I have upgraded to 2.06 but I don’t see where to set this up…

(Scott) #6

I see remote sensors but no where to select another Z-wave switch

(Anthony S.) #7

Once you select a thermostat it should be visible

(Scott) #8

I do see that but it does not allow the selection of the z-wave switch. The only option is to select my thermostat again

(Scott) #9

CORRECTION

I see the option for mirroring but no switch option below

(Scott) #10

(Scott) #11

ok, i upgraded to the latest build and the option is there. I configured everything but when the ac started no other z-waves kicked off.

I tried starting the thermostat with both nest manager and also with the nest app.

(Anthony S.) #12

I want to be clear. The switches will be activated once it receives the thermostats mode change. Depending on the poll frequency it could be anywhere from 1 - 3 minutes.

I will continue to look for better method of performing this function.

If it still doesn’t come on look at the logs for any errors.

(Scott) #13

Perfect!

It took about 4 minutes to turn on and about 2 minutes to turn off!

Thank you! I really appreciate your time and effort. Great app!!!

Works great. I now have a connected (via switch) floor fan that comes on while the air conditioner is running and turns off when the air conditioner does.

I am using the fan to help move cold air up the stair case to the air return upstairs.

Nest Manager is one of those apps that makes Smartthings smart…

(Anthony S.) #14

if you adjust the device poll time under the Manager App preferences you can get it to update every minute.

(Scott) #15

This is still working great! Thank you again!!!