Confusion migrating from classic to new app

OK, so I am currently running both apps, mostly because (as far as I can tell) I can’t yet do everything in the new app. For example:

1. I can’t see to find “Routines” in the new app
  2. Didn’t see the equivalent of Smart Apps in the new app; there are a bunch of switches under Automation, but doesn’t seem like the same thing…
  3. I am not really sure how the new app acts as a presence sensor. I followed the directions on the website for the new app, but I don’t see the device listed. I happen to see two presence sensors in the classic app so I need to figure out which one is which.

Can anyone help me with the above? Thanks!

Custom Automations is what you will use in the new app.

The location services will not appear in the new ST app as a device like presence sensors in the Classic app. It will show in IDE though. Easiest way is to rename the presence sensor in the Classic app.

Not exactly sure what you are asking here.

If you are looking for smart apps that were found in Automation in the Classic app…

Click on the three bars in the upper left of the screen. Go to Automations. For cloud based apps, go to the three bars and click on settings (the cog) and click on connected services.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t see that under Automation. Is it somewhere else?

omg that’s confusing.

For custom Automations, click on the plus sign in the upper right of the screen, then Add Automation and Custom Automations will be at the top of the list.

Wait until you try to find z-wave repair or z-wave exclusion. I dare you to try and find those.

4 Likes

Oh sorry, not looking to create them, trying to find the one’s I’ve already created…

Routines will only show on the Classic app.

…killing me smalls…

But thanks for the quick info! will probably just continue to use the classic app for now. I assume they don’t yet have a plan for sunsetting that thing?

2 Likes

Can’t argue with that!