Compatible Sirens

Hi Stuart (@Fuzzyligic)

Can you help?

I was trying to copy-add your code into my IDE to activate my D-link siren modes and I had the following message:

No signature of method: script1457108611660404413803.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1457108611660404413803$_run_closure1) values: [script1457108611660404413803$_run_closure1@50c3e938] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Can you help please? Many thanks.

@ED-ST you get that error if you are trying to paste the code into a create new Smartapp from code window, you need to paste this into a Create New Device Handler from code window.

Thank you Stuart (@Fuzzyligic).

Have pasted, saved and published.
Iā€™ve then go to ST app > ā€˜My Homeā€™ > ā€˜Thingsā€™ and selcted the siren. Then clicked ā€˜edit deviceā€™ at the top right.
Still not working.

Am I missing some steps?

you need to click on the Devices Tab in the IDE

choose your device, then hit edit and then change the type for the device type you just created int he box highlighted below

then click update.

ok - Here inUK, we have The Dlink Z510 option within the edit section.
Thanks for the additional steps. I managed to get the various sounds but volume control has disappeared.

Iā€™ve screwed up somewhere - let me go exclude and include and play on from there.

Itā€™s finally working - learned a few more stuff about ST.
Thanks so much Stuart @Fuzzyligic for all your help.

Your Welcome. Always a good feeling with ST when you figure stuff out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Stuart & Ed !

IĀ“m from Sweden and I have recently installed a UK Smart Hub 2.0 in my house.
IĀ“ve also installed the D-Link DCH-Z510 and it hub recognized it as an Aeon Siren.
Just like Ed, I want to be able to use all the sounds. IĀ“ve managed to save and publish StuartĀ“s code
for the D-Link DCH-Z510 device type and changed the Aoen Siren to the D-Link DCH-Z510 in the IDE.
The GUI for the DCH-Z510 shows up in the ST App but the siren doesnā€™t respond.

Can you help me please ?
Thanks.

@yakul, I can manually get the siren to sound via ā€˜thingsā€™ on its own. However, I had to exclude and include the device several times. I also did a factory rest with 4 press to the reset switch on the back. Iā€™m sure I screwed up a few times in the process.

Under the name, I just kept in as Aeon siren. The last time, I changed it, the manual siren didnā€™t work. It may be coincidental.

This morning, I noted the siren did not sound when tripped via the smart alarm app.

In short, manual activation is ok. Auto activation is not working. Iā€™m investigating ā€¦

Edit: the manual activation requires 2 presses to the buttons. Once I rebooted the hub, itā€™s only a single press for manual activation. Strange.

Thank you, Ed !

IĀ“ve now managed to get the D-Link DCH-Z510 to the ā€œsame stateā€ as you.
By excluding / including the device I got it to work manually as a D-Link DCH-Z510
and I can get it to play all the different sounds from the GUI. However I can not get to trigger a specific
sound from a SmartApp.

I want it to work as a door chime when I am home and an alarm when IĀ“m not home.
What SmartApp is to used for the door chime-function ?

@yakul, I have done some further testing this morning.

Using Smart Alarm, then it will only recognise the type as ā€˜Aeon Sirenā€™ and sets off the alarm. The drawback is that there is only one sound type and one volume. However, once I change it to strobe only, siren only or both, Smart Alarm doesnā€™t activate the siren when tripped.

When I set it as the ā€˜Z510ā€™ type, somehow Smart Alarm does not recognise it.

Just letā€™s say, things doesnā€™t make sense to me at the moment.

Going to investigate further before seeking help from @geko.

@Yakul, ah great. Looks like we both posted at the same time.

Completed my test and discovered within Smart Alarm, I had to also specify the SWITCH in addition to specifying the SIREN. Everything is working.

Yes, like you, the individual sounds within the device GUI worked but not via Smart Alarm. I think the problem is the interface coding within Smart Alarm.

Ok, time to get some help from the Smart Alarm author. Iā€™ll start a separate thread.

Does anyone know if the D-Link siren also acts as a repeater please?

@Ed-ST, @Yakul guys, my bad. just realised my mistake with the Device Handler. please grab the latest DH code from github and it should now work with Smart Alarm

@tonto it does act as a repeater, however i donā€™t think it supports beaming. correction i have confirmed this does in fact support beaming.

Thank you, Stuart !

With the new Device Handler Code I got the DCH-Z510 to work
as a Siren triggered by the Smart Alarm. But I can not choose a
specific sound for it. The door chime can by triggered manually from
the DCH-Z510 device GUI in the ST APP but does not show as an option
within the SmartApps.

Thanks again for updating the code !

@Yakul I have just updated the code again, there is now a device preference where you can set the default sound.when the siren is triggered, just edit the preferences to set, this new code still defaults to the emergency sound unless the preference is set.

if however you want to use multiple different sounds on the fly, the only way this can be done is in rule machineā€™s Expert Features

Thanks again !

IĀ“ve tested the new code and I can now change the default sound by editing the preferences.
But still itĀ“s not versatile in the way I would like it be. Emergency sound in ARM (Away) mode and
door chime when in DISARM mode.

Really appreciate your effort to get this working properly !!

@Yakul as my edited comments the different buttons for the sounds in the handler are custom commands but cannot be used by any off the shelf smartapps with the exception of Rule Machine which can via its Expert Features.

i could modify the device handler to do this, but it would be very esoteric to be in the device handler, i suggest instead what you do is create a Virtual Switch and then create a rule in Rule Machine with that switch as a trigger to perform the relevant expert features for the sound you want.

@Fuzzyligic, thanks Stuart and much appreciated.

Read your post 2 hrs ago (5 post up) plus your post elsewhere re rule machine, I think thatā€™s the way to go instead of my current Smart Alarm route.

I guess this issue had me looking more into Groovy coding, which isnā€™t bad. Rule machine, here I come (again) :grinning::+1:

@Yakul, did you get yours working?

Iā€™ve finally set the system up using Rule Machine instead of Smart Alarm, via Rule Machineā€™s custom command. Initially, I found Rule Machine unwieldy but got the hang of it through some trial and error, together with painful ears. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: