Coffee Maker Integration?

Has anyone found any solid coffee maker integration. I saw this and thought it would be nice if it integrated into smartthings.

I have this one:

I like the removable water container.

It doesn’t interface with SmartThings either.

I’ve seen that. Seems like the only one that is anywhere close to being integrated. It would be nice to be able to pre-load a k-cup into a coffee maker and when you run the wake up routine have it kick off the coffee maker.

The Dumber the device, the easier it is to integrate.

Something like this you could just leave the switch to the on position, and plug into a ST plug, or Zwave outlet -

Bam connected coffee. =D

The Dumber the device, the easier it is to integrate.

Something like this you could just leave the switch to the on position, and plug into a ST plug, or Zwave outlet -

Bam connected coffee. =D

1 Like

Can’t seem to find any manufacturers coming up with any real integration. I guess the dumb way is to go for now.

Oh yes it does, via IFTTT. Love the coffee pot, doesn’t burn the coffee or my youngsters hands!

Sure add a ST plug and that makes it 75 bucks, when you can spend 25 more (or 40 as pictured above) for a much nicer machine, better tasting coffee, easier to clean and safer for kids…

You can get a dumb coffee pot for around $20 and you can find better outlet deals than 40 bucks should be able to automate it for $50, maybe less if you watch for deals.

1 Like

Yes, but it won’t remind you that your scheduled brew needs to be prepared if you forget. The Smart Mr. Coffee does this.

Forgot about that. I actually haven’t found the need for the integration since I seem to follow a rather rigid wake up ritual. I get up the same time every day of the week.

1 Like

Yeah me too, very rigid ritual, I get out of the bed, walk by Alexa, who’s waiting for me to tell her to make the coffee, I grab my phone who’s waiting for me to push the widget to start the coffee, walk downstairs and, and…I remember I didn’t fill the tank or put the coffee grounds in, so I do that in order to enjoy my morning coffee.

1 Like

I just don’t drink coffee… Boom! problem solved!

But don’t get between me and that sweet southern nectar of the gods…

…yes, I’m talking about Lipton tea flavored sugar water!

My turvis cup is always with me, always full, and in my house we brew tea two gallons at a time. He’ll I even have a two gallon dispenser in the fridge and two other gallons on standby n

Oh sorry… I really like tea.

2 Likes

It could, Use an open closed senson on the lid, then set up the rules to notify you that it hasn’t been opened

Or, it could be as simple as sending a push message to your phone once a day that says “Don’t Forge to Prepare your Brew” and forego the open closed sensor

Has anyone ever tried integrating Keurig K575 or K475 with SmartThings?

I’d like to create a scene. Both have the Auto on and off features.

I have this maker- BEST coffee maker I’ve ever owned, IF (like me) you don’t want Keurig type. I hate those. This machine’s carafe doesn’t get hot to the touch on the outside or bottom, so you can put a super hot pot of coffee down anywhere without a trivet… But it keeps the coffee in it hot for a very long time (at least a few hours, it’s great). Connectivity: I have it via IFTTT applet with Amazon Alexa… “Alexa, Trigger a pot of coffee” and 5 mins later I get a push notification (from Wemo app) saying “Coffee is Ready”. I think I paid like $80 on ebay for the machine.

This probably isn’t much cheaper than a new smart coffee maker but would allow you to retrofit a dumb coffee maker without tearing it apart.

MicroBot Push (2nd Generation) - Wireless Robotic Button Pusher for Smart Home Automation (Platinum White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071V7Y864/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_nwA-zb658DK8H

1 Like

LOL :joy::rofl::joy::rofl: