CO2/Smoke detectors & sirens

(Dav Glass) #1

The CO2/smoke detectors app allows for notifications & lights, etc but doesn’t support sirens? Wouldn’t it make sense to add sirens since if it goes off at night you want noise & not just lights?

(Ron S) #2

Your sirens will appear under lights and it will work… Under damage and danger… Go figure.,

(Dav Glass) #3

I saw that, but will the siren fire off or will it just do the strobe part?

(Ray) #4

Why don’t you be our guinea pig @davglass :smile:

(Dav Glass) #5

I was planning on testing them today :smile:

I think they sell a “tester” smoke can at places like Home Depot designed to test these detectors without actually starting a fire :smiley:

(Ray) #6

I usually test my detectors and lights by pressing the test button. Just a pain with a ladder for sure.

(Dav Glass) #7

I want to test the system & not just pushing the test button. I haven’t tried, but not sure if just pressing test will fire the event that there is smoke detected & ST will react.

(Dav Glass) #8

Well that works too. Pressing the test button triggers an ST alert & it did run through the automation.

(Duncan) #9

Yes all SmartThings automations should treat alarm tests the same as the real alarm, for this purpose. If anyone finds one that doesn’t, please let us know.

(Tad) #10

Hello

Recently during an inspection of a renovation, the inspector pressed the test button on a connected smoke detector and it did not trigger the other connected detectors in the home nor did it run through the automations I have setup in the Smart Home Monitoring SmartApp.

I believe that the functionality is broken at the moment.

(Duncan) #11

The alarms are not interconnected – they don’t support all the other ones going off when one does.

As for the automations not going off, please report that to support@smartthings.com with details so someone can look into what is wrong there.