Changing Lock Codes Remotely?

Point to note, we send the login/password to only the email id from which the payment was made for security purposes.

Ok I am logged in. I want to make sure I install the right device handler and smart apps. Last time I installed Lock user and Lock manager for smart apps and the standard DH. Should I start all over and install the #1 lock multi user management smart app and the Universal Z-wave lock DH?
Thanks,

Bob Kumpula, RCDD
Applied Technical Systems Inc.
President
Cell 503-793-7432
Office 503-684-9611
Fax 503-598-0498
[ATS_Wordmark_4C EMail 194 X 33 pix EMail]

Rboy and team,
I have two houses with the Lock manager working. My second house that it is installed gives me an unknown user name on all codes that are used. How can I fix this and do the updates that are coming out automatically updating or do I need to do something?
Thanks,
Bob Kumpula, RCDD
President
Cell 503-793-7432
Office 503-684-9611
Fax 503-598-0498

Regarding the updates, you will need to manually update the code, the SmartApp will automatically notify you when new updates are available. The instructions are given on www.rboyapps.com

As for the second lock there could be three reasons for that:

1. Lock could be defective (what lock/model is the 1st and 2nd lock)
  2. The Device Handler isn’t reporting the correct user, are you using the stock ST DH or the Enhanced Z-Wave Lock DH
  3. The database is corrupted, which is a simple fix - just reopen the app and click Done

The locks are identical. They are the Yale Keyless touch pads. Both are using the same DH as the one that is reporting names correctly. I have two SmartThings under one account. One in Oregon and one in California. I will try and update the rboy: Lock multi user code management with notifications and automatic relock DH. Maybe that will clear it up. Should I be concerned with the lock located out of state. I do not have access to if it does not work? Is there normally problems with the lock not working after the update?
Thanks,
Bob Kumpula, RCDD
President
Cell 503-793-7432
Office 503-684-9611
Fax 503-598-0498

You may want to confirm this in the my devices section that both are actually using the same DH. I suspect this could be the issue. One may be using the stock DH.

EDIT: Remember, if you change the DH you should clear all codes and reprogram them as per the procedure on our website.

Hello, I’m looking for help on generating new User codes. I have a 910 Z-wave lock and am using Lock Manager. The app seems to be working fine. It shows Battery status, Lock/Unlock status, etc. and it is locking and unlocking the lock fine via the app, but when I try to add a new user code it says it “is installed and automating” but no matter how long I wait, the code never seems to work when entered on the physical lock. Is there something I could do to troubleshoot? Anything that I need to do on the physical lock to override the slots via my smartphone?

Guys, so there’s a new Yale Assure lock, it’s the SL model with Zwave. Looks to be one of the best locks on the market bar none.
My question:
Can this lock be used with smartthings or some kind of custom device handlers, to allow remote programming or deleting of user access codes?

Thank you in advance for the help

The lock is very good, one of the particular advantages to Yale over Schlage deadbolts is that Schlage deadbolts tend to die around 50-60% battery. Yale Assure works the deadbolt motor all the way down to 20-25% before it dies (with alkaline batteries). Some of the Yale assure locks tend to have issue with the Z-Wave module but it’s a hit or a miss.

The default smartthing lock handler works great for basic open/close and even basic programming options but if you’re looking at use the advanced features of the lock like auto lock, privacy modes, audio controls, lock-out customization, DPS sensors, RFID etc you may want to check this this custom handler.

As for code programming, basic programming can be done using SmartLocks but if you’re looking for advanced programming/integrated features and you have access to RBoy Apps this is a very powerful/stable option to use (and it works in conjunction with SmartLocks):

2 Likes

Hello,

Have been working on my lock for the whole weekend with the installation instructions and I still cannot change them from my phone. I can only open and close from it. Its frustrating since it was working fine for the last two years and it stopped working all the sudden 6 months ago. Any suggestions?