[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

so I updated the device handler code to 04.00.03 code and that did not help so I started looking at the codes that were set for the 2nd lock. In smartthings under devices I compared my 1st lock to the 2nd and I can see for my 2nd lock it only shows 3 codes listed. though all 4 codes are programmed on the lock and are working. odd not sure why it states only 3 codes out of the 4. should I reset the lock and have it resync to get the full list updated to it or is there another way?

UPDATE: I changed the 4th code and it pushed the update to both locks. I can now see that a 4th code is set under the device for the 2nd lock. And all codes work. Though the superficial error is still occurring.

Update to 07.02.00 and give it a few minutes to sync up the user names across your locks.

1 Like

If the “code” field if not empty the app will show you a message that name field if required. It’s better to clear the code first and then the name so that the app registers that the code is empty and it doesn’t need the name field.

Your lock is reporting a duplicate code which means some where in your lock there already exists that code you’re trying to program. You should reset your lock / clear all codes and program your codes afresh. This happens when someone manually programs the locks or programs more users and then reduces the user count.

If you can’t physically access your lock the simplest way to do this would be to set the number of users to match the maximum users supported by your lock, make sure all the user codes are empty (names don’t matter) and then hit Save. Give it about 5-10 minutes depending upon how many users your lock has and it will clear all the codes. Then go back in and program your codes.

The good thing about duplicate codes is that the code already exists in the lock so it will work, the app is just informing you that you can’t have two slots with the same codes.

In the next update we’ll just mention this in the message and also put in a way to clear duplicate codes.

Your lock is reporting a duplicate code which means some where in your lock there already exists that code you’re trying to program. You should reset your lock / clear all codes and program your codes afresh. This happens when someone manually programs the locks or programs more users and then reduces the user count.

Yes, all of the codes already existed. I just upgraded from 06.02.00 to 07.02.00 without changing any of the users or codes. After upgrading, the hub started to add codes, but of course they were already programmed into the locks:

Shouldn’t the update process have deleted all of the codes first before trying to add them again?

It’s good to know that the codes are still there. I will try to clear and re-program the codes sometime tonight when my tenants probably won’t be using the locks. You may want to modify the instructions on the web site, since they explicitly say to clear the name and the code.

I am also seeing the following message in the Activity Feed for one the locks. The message looks like it’s occurring every minute:

Lock multi user code man…
Lock multi user code management
with notifications and automatic
relock sent nameSlot command to
68-3 Deadbolt - Front

It’s only occurring for that one lock.

Yes the app takes care of all codes within the specified user limit.

Duplicates are caused by codes that have been programmed outside the scope of the app. It could left over from before or programmed directly into the lock etc but because the user has limited the app to only program the first X codes, it only validates those codes. That’s why we suggest starting with a clean slate by resetting the lock when installing the app.
Till now the app used to ignore duplicate codes, now we’ve decided to notify the user so you’re aware that there are codes outside the scope of the app which may conflict with your programming. Duplicate codes are the reason why some folks reported the setCode being sent multiple times, so we now we’re making the user aware of the reason.
We’ll refine the duplicate code messaging and processing in the next update

As for the nameslot message, just deselect that lock from your user, click save and then come back select it and click save, it’s just cosmetic, we’ll patch it in a future update

Thank you all for your feedback

Door Lock Code Multi User Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 07.02.01

• Improved duplicate code/excess code management
  • Improved compatibility with SmartLocks
    • Two way name synchronization
    • Fix annoying nameSlot notifications
  • Smoother upgrades with automatic self-validation of settings after code updates

Some examples of how folks are using this app:

1. I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
  2. When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
  3. When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
  4. I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
  5. I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
  6. When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
  7. When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
  8. I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes

Lock Code User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Code Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:

• Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
  • Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
  • Unlimited users and locks
  • Easy and intuitive setup
  • Different types of users such as:
    • permanent
    • one time
    • expiration (start/end date/time)
    • scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user
    • presence based
    • mode based and many more
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Unlocking/locking secondary locks
    • Opening/closing garage doors
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
  • Compatibility with SmartLocks
  • and lots more…

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized experience.

Copyright © RBoy Apps

4 Likes

I updated the code and reset the users codes and that seemed to work. Issue resolved. Thank you.

1 Like

Likewise. I updated to 07.02.01 and cleared the codes, and everything seems to work fine. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for all the updates RBoy… they may be on your radar, but I wanted to suggest a few additional features:

• VRBO (mentioned earlier, but would add a lot of value if we could integrate lock codes with the VRBO vacation rental API)
  • Per User Notifications (based on a label in the app, it appears that this may be in the works)
  • Door Position update to the Lock Device based on the Contact Device so that we can reference the Lock Device and get complete door status:
    • right now, we have a separate contact sensor and lock; some locks have the DPS built in, but many do not…
    • for those that do not, it would be great if this Lock Code app would set the DPS attribute on the associated lock device (since its already associated and subscribed to the separate contact sensors)…
    • basically, this would allow us to name the door lock something like ‘Front Door’ and we can associate all of our apps & rules with only that 1 device and when notifications (TXT, App or voice) reference the device, it will be simply called ‘Front Door’ (vs “Front Door Lock is Open” or “Front Door Contact is Open”)…
    • hopefully that use case makes sense, but basically, we all struggle with the fact that a door is 2 different devices… would be nice if the Lock could represent both as just a door (and this App could provide the necessary communication between devices.)

Thanks for listening!

If you have a lock with an integrated Door Position Sensor (like Yale or August) then use our Enhanced Z-Wave Lock device handler and it will show up as a Lock and Door Contact Sensor in SmartThings (since device with 2 capabilities which can then be used any SmartApps)

Per user notifications are already there and you can enable/disable them along with restrictions on when to notify based on modes or user presence.

In the next version 07.04.00 we’ve added 2 more custom options for user notifications:

1. Limit the number of notifications for that user (first X notifications)
  2. Ability to specify custom notifications options for the eac user (who to notify and how to notify)
1 Like

Hello RBoy. I’ve been using your smartapps and so far they’re working really good until recently, wife always complaining that evertime I come home from work (11pm) I would wake her up because the speaker notification is too loud, which is just fine during daytime.

Can I suggest to include it in your future updates for us to set the volume on a specific time or a way to turn off the tts notification on a specific time. thank you so much.

She could also try putting her phone in silent mode at night time.

1 Like

@Rboy - do you know which Yale locks have the DPS built in? Does the T1L?

Thank you all for your requests and feedback

Door Lock Code Multi User Management with Notifications and Actions - Version 07.04.03

• Added support for customized notification settings for user custom actions
  • Improved support for timezone differences between mobile app and hub
  • Ability to limit number of notifications received per user
  • Sure Programming Engine - improved handling of mesh issues

Some examples of how folks are using this app:

1. I give my landlord an access code for the lock but I want it disabled when I’m at home (presence based users)
  2. When my children are at home and the parents aren’t home, then allow the babysitter’s code to work (presence based users)
  3. When we’re away, allow my neighbor’s code to work (mode based users)
  4. I can schedule a code for my nanny with multiple schedules per day (morning and evening)
  5. I can program ahead for my vacation rental properties with a start and end date/time for my guests
  6. When I lock my door from outside I want my house to lock up behind me (close garage doors, lock all other doors, turn off switches, arm the security system etc)
  7. When I unlocked my outer door I want the inner door to also unlock and the lights to turn on but only at night
  8. I want my employees to have access only during business hours or on specifics days/modes

Lock Code User Management is the most reliable and comprehensive commercial grade User Code Management SmartApp with many (unique) features:

• Works with the built in SmartThings device handler (Z-Wave and ZigBee)
  • Sure-Programming engine: verifies that programming was successful
  • Unlimited users and locks
  • Easy and intuitive setup
  • Different types of users such as:
    • permanent
    • one time
    • expiration (start/end date/time)
    • scheduled (daily/weekly etc) with multiple schedules per user
    • presence based
    • mode based and many more
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock and Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Unlocking/locking secondary locks
    • Opening/closing garage doors
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • Lots of built in safety mechanisms to ensure users have a reliable experience
  • Compatibility with SmartLocks
  • and lots more…

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized experience.

Copyright © RBoy Apps

2 Likes

I have installed the DH and the Smart app for my Danalock V3 (US Zwave model)
I have 2 questions:

1. I only see “lock”, “unlock” and “autolock” buttons and the battery information on the lock UI on ST. Why can’T I see other buttons like keypad etc. ?
  2. I didn’t undertstand how to use user codes. I created a user with a code on the smart app. Now how shall I unlock the door with that code ?

here’s screenshot from my lock UI on ST :

I posted a little tip/trick in the other thread for you.

Open the device in Things and scroll all the way to the bottom and hit Refresh several times.

This should magically make the other features appear.

1 Like

trief that with no change.

Hehe. Stay in the other thread. I posted again.

1 Like

@Tony_Orr
What issue Tony? Your post is not linked to anything?

Been a while using this app and just did all the updates and it’s been working flawless. One problem were having is when my son leaves the house he’s forgetting to close the back slider, is there a way to prevent the front door from locking if the other door sensors are open? This way if he can’t lock the front door it will remind him to go close the other doors.