Changing Icon's in the Smartthings App not working (May 2023)

Thank you! I will submit a report.

1 Like

May 2023 & my fan device icon edits don’t hold.
They used to show as a fan, but this week they now show as a switch icon. When I edit the icon back to fan, the change doesn’t take.
If this was a known problem in 2015 surely it’s time to get it fixed?
Using iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.5

1 Like

As you noted, you originally replied on a thread that was several years old, and in that time, the issue had indeed been fixed.

However, it reappeared as a new problem within the last week or so, so I have moved your post to the current thread discussing it. :thinking:

1 Like

I am able to change icons back to the downlight/recessed light again (that was the only one that stopped working for me recently).

Some problem in here. I can only use default icons.
@nayelyz can you please advise.

1 Like

I’ve just had the same… all devices have gone to their default icons and can’t be changed.

At the same time I’ve had a bunch of devices migrate to Edge drivers after nothing for several months.

1 Like

Hi, @dotan_shai
I don’t have information about that, have you reported it to Customer Support? This falls into their scope since it is not development/customization related.

1 Like

Sorry @nayelyz ,
I’m from Israel :israel: customer support never helped none of us.
I will appreciate if you can contact them instead of me … If possible

2 Likes

@dotan_shai, I’ll ask around to see if someone can tell me something, I suggest you take a look at this thread where more users are reporting it. If I get a reply, I’ll share it there.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look into the issue. I am having the same problem, all devices reset to their default icon and theres no option to change it.

1 Like

I subscribe. I also have the same problem, all devices reset to their default icon and theres no option to change it.

2 Likes

Same problem for me. I point out that many in Italy have this problem. Both android and iOS

1 Like

Yeah I’m here in lovely London and my icons are playing clever devils too. This started only yesterday evening suddenly. Version 1.8.01.22 Android app

Thank you.

Fixed & now back can’t change icons again.

I’m having the same problem on Android. What’s going on? :unamused:

Icons just came back. All as it was before.

Using iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 17.0 beta2

2 Likes

Oh, same in Android. :blush::+1:

Confirming the function appears to have been restored. Interestingly, this is seen on the same app version (1.8.01.22 for Android), suggesting that it was a server-side fault.

2 Likes

Much of the app’s functionality seems to be based on plugins that can be updated independently of the app itself. In particular the device controller plugin can frequently be caught being updated outside the app update cycle. I’d be tempted to point towards that, especially if I was standing next to someone with a big hammer.

3 Likes

Yes, it does appear to not be a main app issue.

It changed before my eyes as I swapped between two Aeotec Smart Home Hubs within the app.

2 Likes