Change mode when I arrive home and set temperature based on mode

OK, to start off, I find configuring things in the SmartThings Android app interface to be extremely confusing. I have looked through everything I can think of the Android app and I don’t know how to do these things.

I would like to have the “mode” change depending on when I leave and come. This seems very obvious, but I don’t know how to do it.

Then, I would like the thermostat and light settings to change depending on the “mode”.

I have found it much easier to program everything using the SharpTools app and Tasker on my phone than through the actual SmartThings interfaces. I could do all of this with Tasker. But there is no reason I should be using yet another device to do things.

use hello home phrases to change modes, temp and set lights. it’s the chat bubble at the top right, then gear bottom right

Oh, wow. I hadn’t been down that rabbit hole. I thought that was a log of what had happened. I didn’t realize that is where things are set.

I kept clicking on the left bar, which pops up the mode and allows you to change it. But that is it.

Thanks!

1 Like

I use life360 + virtual switch + ifttt

@hreed1985 I am sorry, what does that have to do with what I am asking? What is life360 and virtual switch?