It would be helpful if the reality of capability presentations could be documented somewhere so we can know what is supposed to be working, what has been overlooked, and what is broken.
In particular, for each capability:
- Is there a capability presentation for the capability? I believe some might be missing. Don’t make me have to look.
- If there is, which of dashboard state, dashboard action, detail view, automation condition and automation action are defined? Again I believe some might be incomplete. For example they might be completely ‘null’ presentations when they should reasonably have an automation command. Don’t make me have to look.
- Which of the five bits just mentioned are actually implemented in the app and are they implemented as per the presentation or in a custom fashion? We need to know what we should be seeing to know that we aren’t seeing it.
- Is it all supposed to be working?
We could also do with a status update on capability presentations with regard to custom capabilities. Specifically:
- Which bits documented in the API are actually supposed to be working fully, which bits display something but aren’t working, and which bits aren’t implemented yet?