Cant remove ghost devices

I switched to using the new smart things app from classic and it shows about 40 devices I don’t have. It repeats “sensor” and “contact” devices . I try to delete them in the app and it doesn’t do anything. (app stays on same screen and ignores the button press, other devices i do have delete ok).
In the IDE on the web it doesn’t show any of these devices. The classic app doesn’t show these mystery devices.
I deleted all smart apps and routines from the classic app thinking they may be some kind of virtual device.
I hard reset the hub, same results

1 Like

Contact ST support and let them look into it for you. Click on the menu (three bars in the upper left of the screen) and select Help. You can either phone or submit the help request. Generally calling is the fastest way to get them if it is available in your region.

2 Likes

Thanks, I contacted support. They had me reset the app, hard reboot the hub (which deleted all my devices and automations :frowning: ) delete my web browser cache. And the ghost items showed up but not my device. I decided I could at this point since everything was gone to make a new location and then remove the old one. That worked ok :smiley: Now I’m having trouble linking back google home since everything was erased but that’s another issue.

1 Like

yikes! Sorry it went downhill for you. You will need to unlink ST from Google Home and remove the Google Home integration in ST. Then add both back.

sorry you lost everything… not sure how that happened

1 Like

Awesome it took a while to find this setting, I was tring to do this through home app.

1. go to https://myaccount.google.com/
  2. Security
  3. Scroll to the bottom to “Linked Accounts”
  4. Select SmartThings and Unlink

This is from here https://support.google.com/googlenest/thread/623927?hl=en

You can also do it from the Google Home app which is not the best designed app in my opinion.

Settings > Add… > Set up device > Have something already set up? > click on Name of integration and select Unlink

2 Likes

I’d like to note in this case there was no unlink option there. I was at that page many times, It wasn’t showing anything linked, only the option to link something else. Google seems to have a bug. :frowning: if it was shown there much time would be saved. It shows there now.

I’ve seen this problem mentioned a few times on threads related to the Google home not being able to be relinked.

It looks like sometimes the Google link gets removed from your ST account but not your Google account. I’m not sure which side the bug is on but I’m glad that it’s a relatively easy fix. If you know where to look.

2 Likes

I’m having this issue too with a ghost “Ecobee sensor” device. Where the heck is the device coming from if it isn’t in the IDE. No way in hell I am deleting my entire location.

1 Like

If this is the same case , You will end up using the classic app or deleting your location. Its not dependent on detecting what’s connected to your hub, resetting the hub or deleting the app won’t remove it. The limit of customer service was viewing the IDE which it doesn’t show up in. Let us know what you find

That’s insane. No way I am deleting my location that has been setup over 4 years with over 100 devices. What effing database is this thing in if it is not in the IDE?

2 Likes