Can't get Fibaro Dimmer 2 to work

So, I’ve got the dimmer 2 installed behind a light switch.
I turn on the mains power, and the lights come on. They flicker around a bit as it does its calibration.
It’s all paired with SmartThings OK.
I can see it in my app, and see it in my Device List on https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com

I’m using the “codersaur : Fibaro Dimmer 2” device handler for it.

I can’t turn it on or off though, using the app or switch :frowning:

I’ve got standard UK switches, so I believe I need to update parameter #20 (switch type) to 1 for toggle switch.
the Device List shows this is set accordingly.

Any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong here?

The App shows a “Sync Pending” message, which just wont go away - is that the problem?
And the website shows:
Date Name Value Units
2018-02-24 4:41 PM GMT - 6 days ago syncPending 8
2018-02-24 4:41 PM GMT - 6 days ago syncPending 9
2018-02-24 4:41 PM GMT - 6 days ago syncPending 8
2018-02-24 4:41 PM GMT - 6 days ago syncPending 9
2018-02-24 12:34 PM GMT - 6 days ago syncPending 8
2018-02-24 12:32 PM GMT - 6 days ago syncPending 7
2018-02-24 12:26 PM GMT - 6 days ago syncPending 1
I don’t know what that means…is it saying there are multiple things pending sync? What does the value mean?

HELP :slight_smile:

Is it turning on then off straight away?
Edit:I’m using the same DH BTW.

Once i’ve turned the powe on, the light turns on and stays on, and I can’t switch it off again.

Just tried deleting the device and readding again, but same problem.

I’ve updated parms via the app, and the IDE…neither seemed to have worked.
It’s a little fiddly through the App, because you can’t save a single parameter, you have to update a bunch of mandatory ones too.

I’ve also gone into the white menu option, which allows the B-button to be used to turn on/off, but that doesn’t do anything.

The top event is when I turned device off. The app said “Turning off”, but nothing happened. About 1 minute later, the app just said “ON” again.

Brilliant…thanks, I’ll try that out.
I did see that error…but thought maybe it was “normal” for the secure inclusion not to have worked, but it had included it in a non-secure way…or something like that :slight_smile:

Right…time to get extension lead out.

Wonder why I didn’t have to do this with my other dimmer 2, located slightly further away in a ceiling rose?

Ah, ok, that makes sense, and probably explains why moving didn’t help. Something else getting in the way.
I can power off my other devices easily enough, and try again.

How is the zwave repair initiated?

everything turned off, bar 1 other dimmer2, that’s double the distance from the Hub.
Still getting same error though.
Is there anything else that can cause “Err 106: ZW secure inclusion failed”

Wait, I suppose it could be my Hive heating stuff…i’ve power the hub off, but the boiler control itself (in another room) is still turned on.

Hive all works from their hub, which is off.
Just can’t get it to not have that error.
Only thing I’ve not tried is removing the dimmer 2 in the ceiling, and powering off the Hive controller under the boiler.
Giving up for today and getting some lights rewired :smiley:
Robin - thanks for all the advice.
I’ll try setting up some temporary wiring tomorrow so I can power the dimmer 2 from an extension lead, and literally put it on top of the ST hub.

Yeah, that’s my problem - no long ethernet cable. Well, I have a long one with the end chopped off, will need to add a connector on the end. I’ve got the tool to do that, might be easiest way.
I’d forgot the hub can run on batteries.