Can't connect Phillips Hue Light Strip? Got disconnected and now I can't reconnect

I’m a newbie here. I only have a couple of bulbs, which I got on sale, mainly outside because I often am away from home for 14-15 hours for work/school. Well, I decided to splurge and get a light strip for my room, unfortunately, I’m now pretty disappointed with it.

I was previously able to set up the Phillips Hue Light Strip with my ST v 2 hub and it was working fine. I could turn it on and off, change colors etc. Tonight as I was going to bed, ST wouldn’t let me control it at all, I couldn’t change colors or turn it on or off. It simply didn’t respond to anything I did, just stayed on. I disconnected it, hoping it would be easy to just reconnect it. When I tried to reconnect it, ST wanted to look for a Hue Hub that I don’t have. Therefore even after letting it search for over half an hour, nothing happened, nothing was found. Thus, I feel like I purchased $70 light strip that I can’t control. Sigh, I’m frustrated…any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

From what ive read you cant control philips hue lights without the philips hub. So not sure how you added the lights in the first place (unless ive misread something and you do have a philips hub)

What did you do to disconnect it? Delete it from ST? Do you have a Hue Hub?

Oops, I forgot to reply. Sorry!

I deleted it from ST. I don’t have a Hue Hub.

I was able to reconnect it and ST added it as “Zigbee Hue Bulb.” Alas, once again I cannot control it at all, no on off, no color changes. With some Googling, I actually stumbled upon your code (Improved Zigbee Hue RGBW Bulb). I set it up, but I still can’t control it. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

You probably didn’t do anything wrong. First try using the generic Zigbee RGBW devicetype and see if that works.

If not, try this: Edit my code that you set up as follows:

In both the on() and off() commands, change ${endpointId} to ${device.endpointId} and then test on/off with your strips. If they work, you can make that same change throughout the code.

If that doesn’t work, we’ll try hardcoding the actual endpoint that Hue uses. There have been several threads where the endpoint for zigbee devices wasn’t working the same anymore, so hopefully this will fix it for you.

Well, somehow I just tried it again (without doing anything new) and it works! I don’t know why it wasn’t working last night, but that’s in the past now. I am able to turn it on/off AND control the colors as well as use your color loop feature. Thank you thank you thank you so much!