Can smart Smart Home Monitor Be automated?

Is there something im missing maybe hidden. I want to automate my smart home monitor with out the use of a presence sensor. I want to link the door lock/unlock on my schlage connects to turn on and off my alarm. Is this possible?

Sorry if this has been answered already.

Using Lock Code Manager you can have your lock/unlock run a routine and then that routine disarm/arm SHM. The only issue is that there is currently no entry/exit delay so youā€™ll still end up with a bunch of false alarms.

1 Like

It is possible to disable alarm.

I Lock Code Manager to run routines, but there can be a few second delay. I have had a couple false alarms. I still use Presence as a primary option, then Lock manager as a backup.

I donā€™t know of a way to arm the alarm through locking the door.

1 Like

Schlage locks may have a feature to require a PIN when locking and/or perhaps send ā€œlocked by pressing lock buttonā€ Event (as opposed to turning the bolt from the insideā€¦).

Enable/Disable Turn Lock Feature
ā€¢ Applies to Keypad Deadbolt (BE365) only.
ā€¢ Enabled by default. Allows easy re-locking of deadbolt
from the outside.
ā€¢ When disabled, a valid user code must be entered to lock
the deadbolt from the outside.

This could be monitored by a SmartApp.

Could you use CoRE, the new rule engine, huge thread on forum

IF

Lock changes to locked

THEN

with SHM set to Arm/Away

you can also use the wait function if you want a delay when exiting

IF

Lock changes to locked

THEN

wait ā€˜xā€™ seconds
with SHM set to Arm/Away

I donā€™t actually have any locks to see if possible, but may be worth a look?

Sureā€¦ but you need to be able to distinguish if the Lock is being locked from the inside or outside.

Have to check whether all or only some (or none), distinguish this in their messages, and probably modify the DTH to report these Events distinctly.