Can I unlock and lock doors at specific times, regardless of presence?

Hello,

I’ve dipped my toe in the ST water recently and picked up a hub, four Schlage Camelot locks, ten switches (on/off and dimmer), and a couple of motion sensors. So far I’ve been pretty happy with the setup and WAF remains fairly high.

I’ve found ways in the iOS app to lock the doors at specific times, but I can’t seem to find a way to unlock them for a period of time without the need for presence sensors. For example, I’d like two of the locks to unlock for a 15 minute window M-F when my son gets off the bus.

I tried this by using the “Unlock when people come home” app by not choosing any of the people on my account and specifying a window of time and days of the week. Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to work. Any other ideas? TIA for the help!

All you need are two Hello Home phrases. The first one does the unlock “At a specific time”, and “Only on certain days of the week”. The second one does the lock, using the same conditions but with the 15 minutes later time. These phrases run automatically at the designated times, so once set, they just happen (i.e., you might need to disable them during school holidays, but that’s another issue).

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply Bruce. Here I am looking all over and it was right under my nose the whole time. The flexibility and number of configurations is certainly a good thing, it is just a little overwhelming at first understanding the layers. Hello Home phrases, Thing specific configs, Mode, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if I get to a point where I just want to wipe the whole thing out and start over once I realize how I’m supposed to use all of the layers, as I’m sure I’ll config conflicts into the system.

1 Like

Yes, it is a puzzle at first. But you’ll get over that and it will all come together. I’m still tearing things down sometimes as I learn better what to do.