Bose Soundtouch 10 integration issue

speaker
bose

(Rishi) #1

Hi people. Long time reader but first question!

I recently bought a Bose Soundtouch 10 in the hopes to connect it to my SmartThings system. I bought it, took it home and set it up using the Bose app and everything was fine. Even connected to my Alexa system so that I could activate it via voice, but I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to connect it to SmartThings. I thought it would be a piece of cake and the system would just detect the Bose Soundtouch 10 unit and integrate it to my network of things. However it just won’t pick it up.

I also noticed that there are various SoundTouch 10 models out there with different model numbers. The model on the official integration page is 731396-1100 but I’ve seen 731396-2200 and 731396-5100. Do all Soundtouch 10s or just the the 1100? Would love to know your thoughts on this. Is there another way to work around the direct integration? Either through a logitech harmony hub or something else?

I’d ideally like to use it for notifications and turning on music as sunrise/sunset etc.

Don’t think the different model numbers should matter. I have two Soundtouch 10s.

Try adding the speakers manually with the instructions below:

(Enrico) #3

Have the same issue here. Does the Manually add things and still not finding my 2 Bose Soundtouch 10.

Did somebody have an idea of the solution?

(Rishi) #4

All of your devices need to be on the same wifi network. Then it should work.

(Stephen Edwards) #5

Did any one solve this issue as mine will not conect at all

(Rishi) #6

I got this to work by making sure everything was on the same wifi network.